Sign in to follow this  
Guest sunbear

737 NGX

Guest sunbear

I think it's a given that a considerable amount of PMDG clientele who are waiting desperately for the upcoming PMDG 737NGX, and in the interim, I would like to ask any of the faithful PMDG users if anybody purchased the 'JustRight PIC 737' for FSX and if so, would it be worth it to fill in the gaps, so-to-speak, until the NGX is finalized? Maybe not the right place to ask this question, but I'm a 737 lover and want an answer from the more experienced flight-simmer...meaning those who hold PMDG as the 'Gold-Standard' of 'Flight Simulation'.Regards,jack

I did purchase the Just Flight 737-PIC due to wanting to use a 737 with FSX.....It's ok, but after using PMDG 737NG it just isn't the same.Many of the switches on the VC don't operate.I went back to using 737NG with FS9, particularly as I had purchased a GoFlight MCP-PRO.Unfortunately PMDG doesn't yet have a driver to operate the MCP-PRO with FSX.For any interested readers, although quite pricey, the MCP-PRO is an excellent product and works extremely well with PMDG products for FS9.Graham McAllister

Guest sunbear

Graham,Thanks for the update. I didn't think anything could compare to the PMDG 737NG. Regards,jack

Well, I've got it and on the whole it's not bad really. You have to bear in mind that, it's not an NG.After you come to terms with that and are man enough to fly an 'oldie' thats still in use, you begin to enjoy it ;)Don't waste time 'sitting on the fence' go fly the '733' and enjoy it. :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest lgvpilot1

I think that this is the biggest "problem" with PMDG aircraftOnce you fly 737,747 from PMDG nothing measures up I like to fly my pss concorde from cold and dark to where ever and it is a wonderful aircraft but !and thats the thing BUT!You know whats coming ,its no queen of the skyI try not to draw comparisons any more and just enjoy each aircrft for what they are Mark

>For any interested readers, although quite pricey, the MCP-PRO>is an excellent product and works extremely well with PMDG>products for FS9.I have to disagree with that comment. I brought one and when I got it had trouble straight away with it locking up the display or even the whole thing. I said this to the place I brought it off and they said deal with the manufacturer. I did so and was told that the version I had been sent (4 days earlier) was an previous revision and that a hardware and software fix was available. I asked if this would fix it and was told they would give no assurances.After 2 months it finally came back and the second flight with it resulted in the same symptoms. Lockups of the display and the unit. I have it on a seperate USB hub that is powered and has high power outputs for plenty of juice.Further e-mails to Go-Flight have gone un-answered ever since.1 not very happy customer.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

I have the 737PIC and it's loads better than the default toy that comes with FSX, but nothing compared to PMDG.It certainly satisfies my desire to have a 'real' plane that has an FMC and most the bells and whistles of the real thing. But to answer your question directly, I highly recommend purchasing it but I expect you'll uninstall it the second PMDGs is released as mine will be.

Noah Bryant