Sign in to follow this  
mcm aviation

Cannot control the plane after landing 737

I m having a problem after landing. I cannot control the plane anymore after touchdown.The steering bacomes funny and I have difficulties keeping the plane going straigth with my joystick. Anyone has esperienced this problem?Thank you

Hello there,It could be that you have turned off the auto rudder. Can you give us a little more to work with. Justin

Justin Paull

Could also be surface winds.. my setup has autocoordination off and she steers alright but those surface winds can be tricky depending on the weather generation scheme. Can't help not knowing how the weather is generated.ps. please sign your name in this forum.

Dan Downs KCRP

Do you have pedals for rudder/toe brakes, a rudder axis (not roll) by twisting the joystick, or nothing.

Hi guys,Thank you for all the responses.I have most probably forgotten to switch off the AP & FP as you said Joe. I' will have a try tonight after work!!Sorry for the trouble and as well for not signing!!!Maurizio

On ground contact on the 737NGs CMD mode automatically disables on my installation.

I do not recall setting anything special.I'll make sure it performs as I stated hopefully when I do an RC Beta test flight Friday.I can state that I have no problem steering after slowing down on landing using rudder peds. My peds rudder function are calibrated via FSUIPC (paid) in a non-linear fashion so there is less sensitivity surrounding the center position and as you displace the pedals more sensitivity increases. This gets rid of the oversensitivity of the nose wheel many models are subject to but still offers full rudder deflection on an accelerated basis when needed. Many control interface programs offer this axis sensitivity mapping as well.

Maurizio,If this is with regards to the 737 it should not matter if you have the A/P or F/D still engaged. There is no roll out guidance on the NG as on the 744. On the 744 the A/P commands the rudder and nose wheel steering as long as it is active and you need to deactivate to be able to manoeuvre.Hope it helps,