Sign in to follow this  
Connor Levens

PMDG 747 cost indexes

interestingwhat are the units for the x y axis? (minutes? hours? tons?)also, after years of using the 747 I am still unsure as to what the max CI you can place in the PGDM FMC. different max numbers are located at different locations in the manualthanks for posting though

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

>interesting>>what are the units for the x y axis? (minutes? hours? tons?)>>>also, after years of using the 747 I am still unsure as to>what the max CI you can place in the PGDM FMC. different max>numbers are located at different locations in the manual>>thanks for posting thoughNo problem :-) I'm glad I finally found something like this lolThe X & Y axis are written in percent Block Time from LRC and Blcok Fuel from LRC.LRC = Long Range ClimbEnjoy!

This is very interesting stuff, thanks for posting!Just to make sure I get this one right... Entering a CI of 1500 for example would result in a 10,5% increased fuel burn and a 3% decrease in time compared to the standard .86 Mach ECON CRZCorrect? :-badteeth Gotta love graphs!CheersHolgerEdit: Just had a quick look at the cruise fuel planning table from the 737 manual... for a 4000nm flight my example above would mean using 8.000 kgs more fuel just to arrive some 20 minutes earlier... *scratches head* Talk about useless :-)

I think CI999 is the max cost index with 747 I've never gone above CI150Rob

Rob Prest

>This is very interesting stuff, thanks for posting!>>Just to make sure I get this one right... Entering a CI of>1500 for example would result in a 10,5% increased fuel burn>and a 3% decrease in time compared to the standard .86 Mach>ECON CRZ>>Correct? :-badteeth Gotta love graphs!>>Cheers>Holger>>>Edit: Just had a quick look at the cruise fuel planning table>from the 737 manual... for a 4000nm flight my example above>would mean using 8.000 kgs more fuel just to arrive some 20>minutes earlier... *scratches head* Talk about useless :-)Yes, that's correct, but as rjprest posted, I'm not sure if the PMDG can model such a cost index :-(

>>This is very interesting stuff, thanks for posting!>>>>Just to make sure I get this one right... Entering a CI of>>1500 for example would result in a 10,5% increased fuel burn>>and a 3% decrease in time compared to the standard .86 Mach>>ECON CRZ>>>>Correct? :-badteeth Gotta love graphs!>>>>Cheers>>Holger>>>>>>Edit: Just had a quick look at the cruise fuel planning>table>>from the 737 manual... for a 4000nm flight my example above>>would mean using 8.000 kgs more fuel just to arrive some 20>>minutes earlier... *scratches head* Talk about useless :-)>>Yes, that's correct, but as rjprest posted, I'm not sure if>the PMDG can model such a cost index :-(dont know if it s PMDG FMCs or more the flight simulator engine ... on a long haul if you re trying a CI30 or fixed .86 or even LRC (long range cruise) the results are the quickest you fly the less you re burning fuel ... of course this is not the way the companies are working but seems on the ground the results are like the real FMC(PMDG good works) but in the air the results are not similar (FS9 "bad" works) so seems there is a gremlin somewhere ...if your datas good for any combo engine airframe or for a specific one ???see youPhil

>A lot of people have been asking me for help on this topic,>and before any posts pop up, I'm going to post this here ->maybe it'll help ;-)>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184300.gifhey,again me.was wondering for your chart ....KLM and Qantas charts for GE engine pax :CI 150 3000 nm LDW 250T tripfuel 60t flightime 06:20CI5003000 nm LDW 250T tripfuel 61.7t flightime 06:11 your chart for CI500 : -3% time 11 min +10% fuel means +6t ...???!!!in the same time Boeing is giving in QRH LRC reference fuel and time :GE pax engine.LRC 3000nm tripfuel 58.14t flightime 06:22so dont know where your datas came ??? and of course is it for GE engine for Pax version or ?tell mePhil

>>>This is very interesting stuff, thanks for posting!>>>>>>Just to make sure I get this one right... Entering a CI of>>>1500 for example would result in a 10,5% increased fuel>burn>>>and a 3% decrease in time compared to the standard .86 Mach>>>ECON CRZ>>>>>>Correct? :-badteeth Gotta love graphs!>>>>>>Cheers>>>Holger>>>>>>>>>Edit: Just had a quick look at the cruise fuel planning>>table>>>from the 737 manual... for a 4000nm flight my example above>>>would mean using 8.000 kgs more fuel just to arrive some 20>>>minutes earlier... *scratches head* Talk about useless :-)>>>>Yes, that's correct, but as rjprest posted, I'm not sure if>>the PMDG can model such a cost index :-(>>dont know if it s PMDG FMCs or more the flight simulator>engine ... on a long haul if you re trying a CI30 or fixed .86>or even LRC (long range cruise) the results are the quickest>you fly the less you re burning fuel ... of course this is not>the way the companies are working but seems on the ground the>results are like the real FMC(PMDG good works) but in the air>the results are not similar (FS9 "bad" works) so seems there>is a gremlin somewhere ...>>if your datas good for any combo engine airframe or for a>specific one ???>>see you>>Phil>That's a godo question, Phil. I dug up this information from a few old 747-400 books that a friend of mine gave me a while back. According to the booklet cover, the chart seems to be good for Virgin Atlantic, and, as we all know, Virgin Atlantic operates their 747-400 in GE engines, so I'm guessing this chart is good for GE.Connor Levens

Guest glenlee

Not an expert in 747 but seeing as the chart is in percentages and it will surely be based on the design speed of the airframe (which obviously doesn't change with different engine types except maybe the engine cowling) as a rough guide it's handy information.There's very little cost benefit in entering any figure higher than 300, especially as the biggest unpredictable factor in any fuel use/distance/cost flight planning is the wind and pressure, and as FS deals so poorly with weather variables you may as well pick a figure that works for you and stick with it...In the real world this figure is set by the airline and flight planners and has more to do with budget constraints than passenger satisfaction!!!May I suggest 150?Glen Lee

>>A lot of people have been asking me for help on this topic,>>and before any posts pop up, I'm going to post this here ->>maybe it'll help ;-)>>>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184300.gif>>hey,>>again me.>>was wondering for your chart ....>>>KLM and Qantas charts for GE engine pax :>>CI 150 >3000 nm LDW 250T tripfuel 60t flightime 06:20>>CI500>3000 nm LDW 250T tripfuel 61.7t flightime 06:11 >>>>your chart for CI500 : -3% time 11 min +10% fuel means +6t>...???!!!>>>>>in the same time Boeing is giving in QRH LRC reference fuel>and time :>GE pax engine.>LRC 3000nm tripfuel 58.14t flightime 06:22>>>so dont know where your datas came ??? and of course is it for>GE engine for Pax version or ?>>tell me>>PhilThanks for the reply, Phil. I'm not sure if the engine data that I posted in my last post was incredibally accurate. Like I said, all I know is that I found it in an old Virgin Atlantic 747-400 manual, so, I guess the engine's not GE.Sorry I couldn't help :-(Connor Levens