Sign in to follow this  
zap737

PMDG 747- 400X Instant Replay Problem

Hi All,On an autoland or manual landing off an ILS the spoilers deploy perfectly and reverse thrust activates normally - as one would expect. The aircraft is brought to a stop and then instant replayed.The problem:When instant replay is played from a position on short finals, the aircraft is shown flying with the spoilers deployed and the thrust reversers deployed.I then tried stowing the spoilers and thrust reversers after landing and instant replay showed the aircraft flying normally however, after landing, the spoilers and thrust reversers did not deploy when in fact they had.I have also tried setting the parking brake after landing but the problem persists.The sim seem to remember the state of the spoilers/thrust reversers after landing and doesnt change them for the instant replay.Some observations:Instant replay works perfectly for the PMDG 747-400 for FS9.Instant replay works perfectly for the Microsoft 737-800.For the preceding reason, I think it is related to the PMDG 747 400X, and not an MS problem.Also, the problem happens at any airport.Can anyone else confirm this problem?Thanks,PeteConditions:LFPG (CDG) runway 08L ILSand KLAX runway 07L ILSXP SP2, FSX + acceleration pack and FS9 v9.1

Hi All,I think I may have found the problem.....I removed the Acceleration Pack and went back to SP1.Problem solved. Instant replay works as advertised.This may help others who have run into the same problem.Has the 400x been tested with the Acceleration Pack?Regards,Pete

I am experiencing the same problems on instant replay following installation of Acceleration. Has anyone found a solution to this problem short of uninstalling Acceleration? Thanks, Robert

I have had the same problems in the past. I got around it by not raising the flaps or stowing the spoilers before I initiated the replay mode. If you want to see the spoilers drop down simply move the throttles forward just a little before you start the replay. Taking the engines out of reverse thrust never seemed to affect it.Gerry

Unfortunately, not a solution to what I'm experiencing. It seems that the animations for extending the speedbrakes and activating reverse thrust do not function in the Instant Replay mode with FSX Acceleration installed. What happens - for me anyway - is that the replay starts in whatever configuration you left the plane in when you select Instant Replay from the FSX menu. In other words, if, after a landing, you still had the speedbrakes deployed when you select Instant Replay, they will be deployed for the entire approach in the replay. Similarly, if you stow the speedbrakes upon landing and before selecting Instant Replay from the FSX menu, they will be stowed throughout the replay and will not deploy on touchdown. Although I've not tried initiating an Instant Replay during landing while the reverse thrust is still operating, I suspect the same will apply, and that the reverse thrust animation will remain in the open position for both the approach and the landing.Am I alone in this regard, or is this just an unwanted side effect of Acceleration and/or FSX SP2? BTW, I run Windows XP SP2.Thanks, Robert

I've experienced replay related irregularities with the PMDG 747x after using Accelerator aircraft. Not sure what the problem is but I can say that the problems went away after un-installing Accelerator. Important note: I didn't un-install FSX Service Pack 2 I just un-installed Accelerator, they're separate installs. Ken

Hi all,I have found the solution and you may not like it.......The way to get it to work is by intalling FSX and Accel in a very specific order. You don't at any stage use SP1 or SP2, just the base FSX and Accel.I followed this guide (from Nick N and reproduced in part below)http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...um=1197380641#1and it has worked pefectly since...1. Install RTM, fire up the sim and let it complete the install and boot the default flight.2. Close the simIf you have the Deluxe version and want the SDK installed, install it off the DVD now.3. Reboot the computer4. Install Acceleration which will install SP1 and SP2 automatically. Boot the sim and allow it to complete the install and boot the default flight. 5. Close the simIf you want the Acceleration SDK install it from the disk.6. Reboot the computerMake sure you have the latest DirectX installed.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...b71-4c1b-bc6a...Make sure you have the C++ library update installed.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...3f9-4c13-9c99...(Many add-ons install this update now automatically. I believe Acceleration does too)8. Start the sim, set up the sliders/checkboxes as you had them. Close the sim9. Install your addons one at a time, reboot in between and make sure you have the updates for them.DO NOT MIGRATE the FSX.cfg file you have!Use it to copy/paste edits but do not overwrite the new file. The best tweaks are now all in Windows setup and the correct use of O&O Defrag!

zap737, my installation followed the procedure you've outlined. so it isn't a solution for the problem I'm encountering. Also, from a post you made elsewhere that I ran across, it appears that you're running Vista, and as I indicated I'm running XP Home SP2. Moreover, this supposed procedure is stated to be for XP only, and explicitly not for Vista. So we're possibly dealing with apples and oranges - unless, of course, you are running FSX on both operating systems.To the folks at PMDG, is this problem a known problem with XP Home SP2 and FSX SP2 or Acceleration, or is my situation machine-specific? If the former, then I can just ignore it and wait patiently for a fix, if any. Otherwise, I'll keep looking for a machine-specific fix.Thanks, Robert