Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

How change the destination airport in the FMC

HiCan some one please tell me how change my destination airport in the fmc when I am air borne.Many thanks for your help. Qas

Did you try changing the destination on RTE page 1?In general, you can change/delete/add any fix except the one that terminates the segment you are on. If you are flying direct to the destination then you can't change it; but, you can insert a fix and fly to it while you change the destination.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

HiThanks for the reply.I am not sure how you insert a fix-could you please explain to me.My problem is that I sometime just take off for fun without setting the fmc,after endlessly flying for a while I would like to head toward a particular airport to practice a landing-I try to insert the destination airport in the fmc but error messages come up.Either 'does not exist in data base' or something similar.I used to be able to do this but have forgotten after some absence from fs.Would inserting a fix allow me to insert an airport and if so how can I do this.Many thanks.Qas

To me, it sounds like you need to spend some time learning how to program the FMC.Even if you're just "out flying around," I recommend you do the FMC preflight. Even without a flight plan, you can set the departure runway at the origin, initial cruise altitidue, reserves, V speeds, etc.You didn't mention type (737NG/747), which have different ways of setting up an instrument approach.Time to hit the books.

Dan Downs KCRP