Sign in to follow this  
Guest daveyfly84

alarm when using throttle

Guest daveyfly84

Hi Im flying (trying) the PMDG 737,, Im following all the instructions but when i open the throttle a alarm buzzer (horn) sounds as Im heading down the runway...it stops when I have taken off.. can you help?Also is there a way of setting the trim, because i cant find a waythanksDave

Hi Dave,And welcome to the forums.The horn you're hearing is the take-off configuration alarm and should make you slam the throttle shut and reject the take off.Check your flap setting is within take off limits, parking brake off, speed brakes off, auto brakes/anti skid set to RTO.Trim is adjusted using the NUM 7 and NUM 1 keys on your keyboard for nose down and up respectively. This is the default FS key assignments. You may assign any appropriate buttons on any yoke or joystick you may have.Hope it helps,

Guest daveyfly84

Thanks Mats I will give it a go when have time.. but I do know I had park brakes off, and auto brakes set to RTO, my flaps where set to 5%, and speed brake was set to ARMED (all above as to the manual) as for the trim, I could see it said 5.5 on the FMC, but dont know how to set this (and where it can be seen so as to check ) the actual trim indicator on the throttle does show it in the green band just about!!!!but i will give it a go again thanks..PS: if i use the NUM 7 and NUM 1 keys,,, how do i know it has been set correctly?thanks againDave

Dave,Speed brake to ARM is what is causing the horn. It needs to be OFF on the NG. There might be a typo in the manual there.Look at the trim panel on both sides between the throttle and the trim wheel while using Num 1 and NUM 7 and you should see the white scale go up and down. Another tips is to hover the mouse over the scale to get a digital reading via tooltip as well as the scale is rather small.Hope it helps,

Guest daveyfly84

Hi Mats, thanks for your tips, but im still having probs with the horn sounding when advancing the throttle, I have checked through everything by the manual 3 times, but still have the problem.. do you know of anothere flight guide that i coulkd follow so as to try to find out whats going on? I think the manual i got with it may be wrong as I have found alot of things wrong on th LSK's in the FMC (it askes to set wrong LSK etc) a flight tutorial out of a UK based airport would be great like Gatwick.. but a good guide is that I would likeThanksDave

If you're having trouble with the FMC, maybe that's got something to do with the horn problem. The 737 will indicate PREFLIGHT COMPLETE when she is ready for flight. Are you getting this indication?I didn't find many errors in the manual when learning, and never a problem with selecting the correct side buttons. Some screen formats will distort the FMC, common indication of this is mouse doesn't select correct button on the FMC. Are you using a 4:3 screen resolution required by the simulation (eg 1600x1200)?We're just fishing now... you shouldn't get a horn on takeoff.

Dan Downs KCRP