Sign in to follow this  
Guest DarrenS914

PMDG 737 in FS9. Only one engine spooling up in manual control...

Guest DarrenS914

Good morning all, I've finally bitten the bullet and purchased the sim add-on everyone is raving about and I gotta tell you all, I am truly impressed. The only problem is I started it up last night for a flight from KIAD-KMDW WN2181, but found that when I advanced the throttle to taxi only the #1 engine spooled up while #2 remained at idle. I was able to use the mouse to advance #2 to takeoff power upon taking the active and the auto throttle had no problems either. I tried the FS command(E,1,2) to try to tie both back into my control but no soap. I was still trying to figure it out when I hit the FAF to 13C and let down out of the clouds in light snow so I figured I'd better concentrate on the landing and if worst came to worst I'd single engine taxi to the gate. Unfortunately that is what I had to do. Any help from you all would be appreciated. I'm using a CH Products Yoke and rudder pedals.Thanks in advance to you all.Darren

Calibrate the joystick and re-assign to the engines via either the FS9 controls or the CH software.Better still ..... get yourself a registered version of FSUIPC and then uninstall the CH software. process all your joystick axes and buttons through FSUIPCFor some reason the FS control E+1+2 is a bit flakey, and often will not do what it should. This is well known.Peter

Peter Schluter

Darren,Unasign the E key assignment in FS. If you by mistake press E there is virtually no chance you can regain control for all engines using E+1+2. This is as the previous responder said a well known problem.Hope it helps,

Guest DarrenS914

I'll give the calibration a try. I actually do have a registered copy of FSUIPC though it's about 1 years old now I'd guess ;-) Also the CH yoke had no software. It was simply autodetected and I was off to the races when I plugged it in. I'll probably update the FSUIPC module first though. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll stop by and let you know what happened.Darren

Guest DarrenS914

Now that sounds more promising and easier. I'll just try unassigning the E key first and let you know what happened. Darren

Yeah, especially if you're on VATSIM and you have to type something in the text box with an 'e' in it...ROFL.I've been surprised many-o-time when rolling out on the RWY after landing...hehe.:D

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply