Sign in to follow this  
JeffEvans

Installing liveries (2nd post)

Posted earlier but have not resolved problem yet. Liveries appear to download correctly but do not appear in my PMDG aircraft when I open FSX. I have attached a copy of my airplanes file. Can anyone tell me what is happening?Thanks,

Tried it again and still nothing. I even tried downloading the file to my desktop and executing it as "administrator" just in case it was a VISTA "thing" but nothing.Did you take a look at the attachment to my original post? Do all the correct files appear to be there?

Jeff,Please have a look at the pinned topic (presently 3-rd from top):"PMDG OS & App Detect utility (FSX only)"Might be a solution to your problem.Hope it helps,Harry

I'm assuming you have the Show all variations checked in the Select Aircraft window?

Yes, I have all variations checked. Also, I tried the utility in the above post and it didn't work either.

At my wits end, guys. Have tried everything and have tried nothing (letting installer do all the work) and all I get is a "warning" notice when I start FSX that three files can't be found. I click "ok" on them and fly as normal without any problems... but also without any new liveries. As nice as the PMDG 747-400 looks, I'm getting kind of bored with just the one airline. MORE SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE....

What files does it say are missing? Have you tried to re-install it?...deleting everything related, subfolders etc.?

Looking at it again it doesn't say files are missing... it says "THERE ARE MULTIPLE OBJECTS WITH THE SAME TITLE NAME. THEY MUST HAVE UNIQUE TITLE NAMES" The next line in the error message reads, "PMDG 747-400 AIR CANADA SIMOJBECTS/AIRPLANES/PMDG 747-400". I have gone to that folder and there are NO duplicate files. I have removed all files beyond the original files and I still get the error message and no downloaded liveries. I have attached a copy of my PMDG folder within simobjects. Does anyone see any problems?Very frustrating.

A copy of your aircraft.cfg file would be more useful. It is not telling you about duplicate files in the folder but rather that in the title= field at the beginning of each repaint in the aircraft.cfg file there are two or more where the name is the same. If this happens then the repaint will not appear.

Thanks for the direction, Bill. Went to the aircraft.cfg file and found duplicate entries for all the liveries I tried to download. I got rid of them and the error messages went away.Now when I try to install a new livery it places a new .texture file in my PMDG 747-400 folder but does NOT write a new file to the aircraft.cfg file!?!I am assuming (probably wrong) that it should write a new .texture file to the PMDG 747-400 folder AND a new entry in the aircraft.cfg file. Right?Also noticed in my PMDG 747-400 file that there are separate .sound and .model files for GE, PW and RR but .texture files only for PW and RR. The other .texture file does not have a model after it. Is that right?Really appreciate the help.

If you are adding a self-install livery from the PMDG downloads then it will create the texture and write to the cfg file. If it is one from Avsim look at the readme file as it will/should tell you what to add to the cfg file.

Still trying and still frustrated. Tried adding two liveries from AVSIM. Added texture files to aircraft/PMDG/747-400 folder. Edited aircraft.cfg file to insert to liveries. Opened FSX and... the liveries don't show up anywhere... under PMDG, under ALL, under COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT, under 2 ENGINE AIRCRAFT... no where.Doesn't make sense to me. Still looking for help.

Guest StainesFS

I had the same problem last night. I edited the .cfg file. As stated, this cured the problem of the warning message about the same names for aircraft liveries. However, like you, the liveries that I had downloaded did not appear on the "select aircraft" screen. At that stage, I searched this forum and came upon this thread. I noticed the suggestion from Mac Paint on Feb 9 and tried ticking the "Show all variations" box at the bottom of the "select aircraft" screen.....MIRACLE! The new liveries suddenly appeared on the screen.If you have not tried this, I suggest that you do so.Thanks to Pete Sterling for the original post.Richard Bryan.