Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zelensta

PMDG 747 400X Questions

Guest Zelensta

I have a few questions about the 747 400 from PMDG. It's a great plane, but I'm having some problems (probably due to my not knowing anything)1. Where can I get repaints for it?2. How do you turn on the panel/aisle lights? ( I see the buttons at the bottom of the overhead panel but those don't work when I click on them, they just give me one of those window expanding arrows <-> kind of like that)3. The computer moniters are black, how do I get them to turn on?4. I have no control over the steering of the plane, (other planes work so it's not my joystick's problem) I think this is because to the problem with the screens but I'm not sure...5. When I takeoff as I increase thrust, a warning sound goes off for a few seconds as the engine thrust is increasing. Is this normal? Thanks!

1 - Repaints are available from the PMDG site www.precisionmanuals.com under the "downloads" section.2 - You have to right click on those button to activate them. You will see the buttons move to the right as you do so and the lights will come on provided you are flying at night.3 - I am not sure what you mean by that. Can you give more information?4 - To steer the plane use the twist grip on your joystick (it acts as a rudder) or set auto co-ordination to "on" so you can use the left and right axes of the joystick to steer on the ground as well as in the air.5 - If a warning sound goes off as you advance the throttles you have not configured the aircraft properly for take off. Check Flap settings, brakes etc.Gerryps - don't forget to put your name on these posts as per forum rules.

Nameless,Send an email to support@precisionmanuals.com with your name and order number and they'll get the black screen issue taken care of.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Zelensta

Thanks Gerry!Oh and just to clarify, I've seen the main information displays turn on once or twice, but I'll try what you said Ryan (I think it could also be a battery issue, so i'll try tuning that on)Lenny

Guest Zelensta

Also, are their some cockpit sounds I can download for it? The ones that come with it, don't really have much of a difference from the outside noise.

Sorry about that. The link does not seem to work does it? It does redirect you to the PMDG home site but the link on the PMDG site for the sound upgrade does not work either. Anyone know where one can be downloaded?Gerry

The sound update is for the FS9 version and is already included in all new installs of the FS9 plane. The FSX version has a totally different soundset that takes advantage of FSX's positional audio engine.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com