Sign in to follow this  
greenland

Loading 737-800/900 from Default flight

Hi GurusI have a little problem. Some times I don't have much time simming, so I load the 737 from the Default Flight with engines running. Recently I made a reinstall and it now happens that when i load the 737 it i starts with both generators off, and the thrust in reverse mode. Disabling joysticks gives the same result. The strange thing is if I load it a second time it comes up with everything running just fine. :-hmmm :-hmmm Any ideas what can cause this strange problem.SystemWinXp homeDell Dimension 8400P4 3.4 Ghz2 Gb RAMATI Radeon X800XT 256 MbRegardsHenrik KorningGreenland

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Henrik,This would most probably be caused by your default flight. Load your default flight. Check all engine controls, set them the way you want and save as a new default flight. I would also try to save a flight with the NG cold and dark (not default though) and use that saved flight whenever you want to fly the NG. Hope it helps,

Hi MatsIts not a big problem. I am just Curious.The Default flight I mean is the MS-FS9 Default Flight with the Cessna ready for take off in Seattle. When I load the 737 from there, I get the mentioned problem. It didn't use to do that beore my reinstall.I have a few saved Flights with the 737. They load fine.I just wonder what can couse it. Is there an ini-file or like, containing load parameters for the PMDG 737/800-900. Can it be a memory problem? As said,When loading the plane a second time everything is fine!RegardsHenrik

A couple of things. I start my flights cold and mostly dark parked saved in that situation. What improved matters was saving as default the Baron parked in the state I want. When FS starts even in the menus the default flight initializes the FS engine and that dominates the aircraft environment during the time a flight is created or for the first few seconds of loading a saved flight.As MATS stated, set up a default flight the way you want (with a somewhat complex FS default aircraft). Some, but not all, of the 737NG controls will follow.Those controls that respond to FS standard controls will be initialized by FS. Others within the PMDG handling only, such as the bleed controls, will not save. I find MCP A/P settings will not save. That has been my FS9 experience with the 737NG.

Hi RonThanks for the information. Some of that was new to me.I will give your suggestion a try and let you know what happens.RegardsHenrik