Sign in to follow this  
Guest mleuck

PMDG FMC

Guest mleuck

I have added an ILS to an airport. How do I get the frequency into the FMC? The aircraft's systems will not recognize the frequency.Thank you,Michael

Michael,Where and how did you add the ILS to the airport? The navigational data used by FS and PMDG aircraft is stored at different locations and in different formats. If you managed to alter the FS environment with a new ILS successfully you can always enter the station manually into the FMC using the normal NAV RAD page and enter frequency and course in the LSK 4 key position.Cheers,

Guest mleuck

I aded an ILS using the AFCAD program. I'll try what you have suggested.Thank you,Michael

You can add your airport and navaids to the navdata text files with any text editor, but you'll have to add them everytime you update the data. The airport data is in two files (wpNavAPT.txt and airport.dat), and you can find a description of how the data is constructed in the PMDG Ops wiki section: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/NAVDATA_Data_DictionaryYou can add sidstars too, Terry Yingling has a good tutorial at his site http://planepath.com (follow the support files link). Give the airport the same unique ICAO designator for both navdata and sidstars, the cycle upgrade process will not overwrite your sidstar file.

Dan Downs KCRP