Sign in to follow this  
Guest vegasflyer

sids and stars

Guest vegasflyer

For some reason, my SIDS and STARS are either missing, or not complete with the PMDG 737 series, that includes the -600/700/800/900 series. I just tried to do a flight from KATL and the FMS did not have ANY stars listed for that field, nor did it have a complete list of STARS for KMIA, my planned arrival city. I went to a page that wanted me to donate, which I did, downloaded the files, but still have nothing. What gives?

Please sign your name to your posts per forum rules.Do you have files in your Flight Simulator 9/PMDG/SIDSTAR folder?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest vegasflyer

Yes, the files are there, even the ones for KATL and KMIA. Why they won't come up in the FMS is confusing.Jerry

>Yes, the files are there, even the ones for KATL and KMIA.>Why they won't come up in the FMS is confusing.>JerryCheck the content of the two files katl.txt and kmia.txt and make sure the sids and stars are listed in the two files you have?Graham McAllister

Guest vegasflyer

All of the sids/stars are listed in both files. Checked that when I looked to see if the file was there.Jerry

Got me....As long as the files are in the correct location?CheersGraham McAllister

Guest vegasflyer

So is this then where the customer service for PMDG ends?Jerry

Easy Jerry, you're talking to a compatriot not a company rep. That would be Ryan or anyone with a banner that says they are company. By the way, PMDG doesn't provide updates for sidstars or navdata.The issue is you have sidstars in the correct folder but they are not available in the FMC? That really is a stumper, and I thought I knew the sidstar layout pretty well.I re-read your original complaint, which was no stars for katl and missing at kmia. At first this sounds like a out of date issue. Older stars at katl won't work because of the new fifth runway, and kmia added some a while back. You mentioned you downloaded sidstars and a donation but they don't work. I think planepath.com might be the one you're talking about. If so, Terry Yingling has his own forum right here further down the list in the non-commercial section called terminal procedures.Do you have sidstars and navdata that match cycles?Do you get an error message when you try to load katl?Do any locations work?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest vegasflyer

First, I did not mean for that to sound as harsh as it did.Now, in regards to the files...other locations do work, and since I downloaded the files from Terry Yingling, when I put in the flight for ATL-MIA, it gives me a message about not finding runways at both locations. When I say that other locations work, the ones I have tried have seemed to be fine, have not noticed anything missing at this time.Jerry

It sounds to me like you've updated your SIDs and STARs but not updated your AIRAC which contains up to date fixes and airways. If one of your SIDs/STARs contains a fix that is not in your existing AIRAC file then you will not see any runways or procedures. Some airports where the procedures have not changed in a while will be fine but others will have the above issue.Your AIRAC must be in step with your SID/STAR file. The best way to do this is via Navigraph where the AIRAC file includes the SIDs/STARs and that way they will always match each other. They do require a few cents per monthly cycle but once you've paid for an AIRAC you have unlimited access to all the different files for all your add-on a/c.http://www.navigraph.com

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Bill is correct, the navdata/sidstar version should match to prevent exactly your problem. It's not fixes per se that are a problem since the sidstar file should declare all fixes but it is an issue when runway numbers change or are added since these are defined in the wpNavAPT.txt file in the navdata folder. Any navaid used by the sidstar procedure, if declared as a navaid instead of a fix, is also defined in the navdata in the wpNavAID.txt file. Bottom line is there is interdependency between the two sets of data.Please try out the sidstars I maintain for 66 US locations in the AVSIM library... the cycle 0802 effective 14 Feb is already up. Look for sidstars_cycle_0802.zip. KATL and KMIA are included and I provide connecting routes between the stars and approaches.

Dan Downs KCRP