Sign in to follow this  

Anyone tried Fscence new Scenery

Guest BMarcoux

Was just wondering if anyone has tried the new USA Summer scenery from Fscene yet? How's the textures and frame rates. Thanks

I haven't seen it, but as for fps, you should expect exactly the same. Even photoreal scenery is fps friendly, but it does invoke a longer load time. A while back someone posted a comment on FSScene scenery, and they weren't too impressed. Hopefully that person will post a reply for you with some more specific comments..-John

HiI have tried and think it`s nice but think that 25euro is a little high for just summer textures.Just could`nt resist it though as the screenshots were very compelling.:)Ron

Guest gasebah

Well I was not impressed. And I opened a thread about this and other scenery stuff. However that was FSScene Europe. I have no idea about the US version. The Europe textures are only 8 bit. In my opinion blurry by default. The never gave me the sharp and crisp texture Lennart's textures give me.Alex

I have the European textures (purchased during the summer sale) and am pretty happy with them. They are hands down better than the default textures which are pretty darned generic.

The big question for me is-does it have autogen scenery?On the screenshots, I don't see any, but it could be they turned it off to show off their textures-so anyone who's using FSScene-does it include autogen buildings and trees, nicely lined up with the textures themselves ?

HiI did purchase the US Version. To answer your question about autogen. Yes, autogen stuff is present. I like the textures but it seems that the textures chosen for a given landclass (as compared to the default textures) may be too radical. What Im trying to say is that some of the textures look very much like pure farming areas but autogen buildings are everywhere inside the fields. The default textures looked more like just open grassy areas or fields and the autogen buildings looked a little more natural when placed within. When flying around you see what looks like farming areas, but buildings are everywhere inside of the fields and it just doesnt look quite right. I wish I could describe this a little better but I did my best. Setting aside this issue, the textures are very nicely rendered and have some 3d aspects attached to them which helps give the scenery a little more depth. Again Im really teetering on whether to keep it or not. Im going to try a couple of different landclass bgls that I have to see what it looks like with a more accurate landclass applied to my local area.RegardsBobG

I decided to post some pics so you can see the point I am trying to make in regards to the autogen buildings.In the first picture using FSScene textures, note the number of autogen buildings within the farming areas. The second picture is using the default MSFS textures. Note that there are still farming areas (textures) but for some reason the autogen buildings sparse compared to how many you see using the fsscene textures.I dont understand why this is, but maybe some scenery/autogen expert out there can spread some light on the issueAnyway, it does look very peculiar when flying around them as I am not used to seeing buildings in the middle of the pumpkin field.RegardsBobG

Hi, Bob. That is exactly the reason I decided to put back the default FS2002 textures. I've tried both excellent products, Lennart's and FSScene's Europe, but the misalignment of the autogen objects on them was a disappointment, so I re-installed the defaults which, with Autogenious, are proving to be the best so far for me. Cheers.

Guest gasebah

I am starting to get tired to explain that there is a workaround for this. Maybe I will put in in a sig one day. C any autogen in these fields? Those are Lennart's textures.Alex

I bought it. The farmland is more realistic to central NY, where I normally fly (sim and real world). I don't see the 3D night textures they mention in passing. Not really sure what they should look like. $25 was really too much for just the summer textures, as someone pointed out.David

Dang I did not see any threads about this. I liked the textures as the colors are more vibrant but if I would have know then I would not have purchased. Oh well, Im actually batting about 900 with 3rd party purchases. Does Lennart have a site ?RegardsBobG

I just used the mountain textures of Lennart's and Autogenius. No problems.