Sign in to follow this  

Re-Engaging The ILS in the FMC

HiCan anyone advise how I get the FMC to activate the ILS when I am returning to the same airfield or my alternate [Reason is engine out on dpt], it stays in the Parked mode in the FMC and will not allow me to input a freq directly into NAV 1 or via the FMC arrivals page when I select the new arrival [eg the ILS for the new destination and activate it] - I have tried this a few times and even when at the point the ILS should be active it still remains parked.I have flown numerous approaches and everything works fine with the original destination but as above if I change the original arrival to a new one I am having this problem with the ILS - I know this is down to me, but if anyone can put me right that would be much appreciated.Thanks Roger

Did you go to the RTE pages and delete the original approach?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi DanI never deleted anything.My process was - engine on fire - fire out - land - thus select landing appr via the FMC option dep/arr and choose in this case EGLL ILS27L (orig dpt) as I was still on the climb out, thence reposition and Land - do I have to remove all the existing info from the FMC ?Thanks Roger

Are you inputting the ILS Freq into VOR L or upselecting to ILS-MLS Park? I just tried it and it worked fine. Also if your selecting the runway thrugh the FMC make sure you select ARR> ON lsk R1 Rob

Rob Prest

Hi RobAt work at the moment, so will look again tonite, tried both methods to no avail - although I believe you have to enter the ILS freq and Bearing if doing it manually - so that may account for the invalid entry.Ideally just wanted to set quickly via the FMC - so will try it again - may have been the wrong LSK I cannot really remember.Cheers Roger

Tried it again and it can activate the ILS if I manually input the ILS freq as freq/heading.But no joy in getting the FMC to activate the ILS from the Park position even though an ILS is active and appropriate in the FMC APP page - which seems unusual to me - can anyone say how its done real world.Thanks Roger

Roger,>>Tried it again and it can activate the ILS if I manually input the ILS freq as freq/heading. But no joy in getting the FMC to activate the ILS from the Park position even though an ILS is active and appropriate in the FMC APP page - which seems unusual to me - can anyone say how its done real world.<

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png