Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Vista and LARGEADDRESSAWARE

I can find items on the internet dealing with programming applications to be enabled, but not how a user should prepare Vista.Can someone tell me:1. Is 747-400X under Vista LARGEADDRESSAWARE ?2. What to do to enable Vista for this facility?Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

If you have more than 2GB of RAM as I understand it the latest SP should fix it automatically. In any event you can check it. For details look at http://www.highflightsimulations.com/misccfg.html under the heading Editing the FSX.exe File. You need to download a small program from that site which enables you to look at the innards of FSX.exe. Remember to back up the FSX.exe file before you tinker.

Bill,Are you sure about that - I believe all FSX exe versions SP1 through SP2/Acceleration are already modified for this by MS.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>If you have more than 2GB of RAM as I understand it the>latest SP should fix it automatically. In any event you can>check it. For details look at>http://www.highflightsimulations.com/misccfg.html under the>heading Editing the FSX.exe File. You need to download a small>program from that site which enables you to look at the>innards of FSX.exe. >>Remember to back up the FSX.exe file before you>tinker.Even if you have only 2GB of ram this fix is a must as well because Windows uses the memory plus the video memory which makes it greater than 2GB. I used to have problems with OOM errors with 2GB (even though not all the mem was used) until I did the fix. Since I did it I have never had one and adding an extra 2GB (3.58GB showing as total) the machine runs even better because it does not use the swap file anymore.I think only the SP2 version had the fix done to the EXE file but that is only 1/2 the story. You have to tell Windows to use it as well.The command for Vista is "BCDEDIT /set increaseuserva 3072" which sets it to 3GBJohn Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

>Bill,>>Are you sure about that - I believe all FSX exe versions SP1>through SP2/Acceleration are already modified for this by MS.RyanAll I was aware of was the fix in SP2 as that was the only reference I read. If you say SP1 did it as well then great. I only read about the fix although I did run the cffexplorer suite to check it had been fixed by SP2.I have already done the tweak for IncreaseUserVA to 3072 but should I be using a different figure for 4GB of RAM?

John,Would you be so good as to write a set of instructions re all this in the wiki. Then everybody can get it correct first time?Many thanks, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx