Sign in to follow this  
Vic1

747x grnd /air

i seem to have lost this item from the various section of the menu how do i adjust or set these options or is it not part of the most recent update thankskav

Sorry for bringing this topic up. I have exactly the same problem with the FS9 version. Not a big problem as you can use the APU, but it would me more realistic to have it back.Any fix?Regards,Stefan

Manual Intro page 0-29. The ground air/power option is in the pmdg options.

Dan Downs KCRP

I figured that out pretty much. However, since I installed the PMDG MD-11 this is option is NOT in the menu anymore. I'll provide you a screenshot tomorrow.

Here you go:pmdggrndpwr.jpgIf you can tell me where it is in this tab, that'd be greatRegards,Stefan

Guest hangar744
Here you go:pmdggrndpwr.jpgIf you can tell me where it is in this tab, that'd be greatRegards,Stefan
Nice one,I'd like to take the chance and ask four (4ea) questions right away. I've already asked around previously...I've received no serious answers. Maybe this time I'll have better luck.(See illustration above) 1. What is the Ground Conditions: EDG Drive checkbox for?2. What is the Reset Buttons: EDG Drive button for?3. What does the abbreviation EDG stand for?4. What is an EDG Drive?sincerely,delcom

Stefan: Make sure you have the current 747 installer by checking their downloads section.Delcom: All those questions are answered in the manual. Has to do with bypassing an interlock that only allows maintenance to reset the generator drives.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest hangar744
Delcom: All those questions are answered in the manual. Has to do with bypassing an interlock that only allows maintenance to reset the generator drives.
Thanks for your brief reply,here is what I found in my documentation (PMDG 747-400 AOM Rev. 1.0 26JUL05) ***EDG Drive: Occasionally in the performance of some checklists it might become necessary todisconnect the constant speed drive that powers the generator on any given engine. In the eventthat you are simulating failures for practice handling of the Abnormals Procedures, you can resetthe IDG drive from this menu. IDG

Engine Driven Generator I'd hazard a guess lol Well, got to keep it general.John Ellison
Think it's a mix of Engine Driven Pump (EDP) and Integrated Drive Generator (IDG)The explanatory text in the manual refers to the correct notation however.Regards,Harry

Guest hangar744

I'm happy to see some feedback coming in on this issue. However, I still cannot see the connection betveen an IDG and external air.Keep those ideas coming, guys.delcom

Don't know the answer but in looking I found an article about a Quantas 747 losing all power just prior to landing.... scary or what?Apparently it was a crack in a catchment plate under the galley that ran water over the generator control units - fusing the lot. Quantas checked and found some more with a cracked catchment as well so some good has come out from it.John Ellison