Sign in to follow this  
markparslow

Using LNAV on 747-400x

Hi allI am very new to 747-400x and i am having some trouble with the LNAV,At the moment all i want to do is fly using the LNAV not the VNAV.I make a flightplan in fsbiuld and then export to the flightplan folder.I load the flightplan in the FMC clear all the flightplan Discontinueds.Just after take off i push the left AP and FD, set the ALT and then push the VS and then the LNAV button the plane fly to the first waypoint but then the flightplan does not move on and the aircraft just keeps try to get back to the first waypoint(IT NOT IN A HOLD).when the Aircraft get to the first waypoint the FMC just stays at that waypoint and does not move on to the next.Any help would be greatMark Iam running Vista 32bit/FSX+sp1 on an AMD6400+ 8800GT

Hi againI would just like to add.The only setting that i have put in to the FMC are once for the flightplan, With other Add-ons (Level-D)this is get my flying do i need to put more info into FMC just to fly using LNAV??Mark

Two suggestions for you:1. Could it be that you're not on an intercept heading when you try to engage LNAV? Try turning towards your first waypoint (manually or using HdgSel) and trying again.2. Another possibility is that by the time you try to engage LNAV you have flown past the point at which the FMC expected when you entered the flight plan. To resolve this, go to the LEGS page in the FMC and press the line select key next to the first waypoint TWICE. This will bring the waypoint into the scratchpad and re-enter it, forcing the FMC to recalculate its route to the waypoint based on the plane's current location. You will also need to press EXEC.Tim