Sign in to follow this  
Guest jlm

737 cold & dark ?

Guest jlm

Hello, I've just been re-directed to this forum, new user:with PMDG 37 -600 to -900 installed I understand the following:- IRS not simulated- EICAS screen switches "inop"- no cold & dark functionHave I missed a trick here - especially on the cold & drak issue - I found it a little dissappointing.there is alot of +ve feedback about thee sims - but why are these functions not modelled - seems a shame no ?thanks for confirmation and or some guidancejohn

Guest Erups

There is no panel situation management for the 737.At the time it was not implemented.So no cold&dark.The workaround is to create the situation my manually bringing the plane to the desired state, and save the flight in FS.About the secondary eicas.It only works if you choose to.For this go in the PMDG flightsimulator menu, wander about in the options: in the "airline" options menu, you find voices to mark in order to activate the dual eicas setup.

Guest jlm

thanks for your help - but I find no reference to dual EICAS in the options.could u be more specific - and thanks for your patience.

Hi John,I'm mostly going off of memory here, since I haven't been able to fly the 737 since I switched to FSX, but I'll try to help here.1. IRS not simulated - yeah, pretty much. Honestly other than starting the plane up, I don't think you'd notice it.2. EICAS screen switches "inop" - As another poster said, I think you need to go into the PMDG options and set a carrier option for it to be active. I know for a fact that it works, because I used it all the time. I forget the exact name of the carrier option.3. no cold & dark function - I think there are a few options here. The first option is to start your flight with the default cessna loaded. Kill the mixture, the avionics switch, the mags, and the battery/master switch, and then switch to the 737. I think the cockpit will then be in a cold & dark state. You could then save the flight, I suppose, but I recall that loading the default cessna first improved performance for some reason.Good luck, hope that helps.-stefan

Nameless,If you have the 800-900 series the dual EIS screens are there. Look through the manual how to configure it.The 600-700 alone does not incorporate this feature unless you have the above installed as well.There is no saved default situation for C&D but you can easily get to a C&D state and save that situation. See previous posts for this issue.Hope it helps,