Sign in to follow this  
Guest Freighthog MD11

Control Problem with PMDG B747 X HELP

Guest Freighthog MD11

Hi All, I am using Level-D 767 and Pmdg747 add-ons with ASX,AGX,Vista Ultimate,Fsuipc,FSX SP1 and all other REQUIRED updates tweaks and SP. I have tried FSX SP2 but no matter what I do it CTD for some reason or the other. I been working on My FSX project for over a year now and I think it's finally running almost perfect.Situation:Yesterday I made a short flight from EDDF to EDDM with both add-ons the B767 was flawless but with the B747 Pmdg, shortly after takeoff it seemed as if the autopilot was on and trying to correct my control movements. During cruise autopilot on the AC reversed course for no reason bank angle 45

She's a very stable aircraft simulation. There's a bunch of things that can cause control problems but I suggest we attack one problem at a time.The course change during cruise is interesting, but need more info such as were you using LNAV? Was the route checked for discontinuities? Etc.Manual flight difficulty could be control spikes or wind gusts.It's a lot easier to figure out what the problem might be with screen shots.One final note, the PMDG 747 is a very complicated machine. Very few can launch it and fly it without lots of time learning and reading the AOM.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Freighthog MD11

>The course change during cruise is interesting, but need more>info such as were you using LNAV? Was the route checked for>discontinuities? Etc.At the time of the course reversal left autopilot was on in LNAV and VNAV and Autthrottles. I programmed the route to include departure and approach there was no discontinuities.>Manual flight difficulty could be control spikes or wind>gusts.In FSUIPC 2.25 I checked eliminate control spikes, temp and pressure smoothing. I have wind smoothing turned on in ASX. >It's a lot easier to figure out what the problem might be with>screen shots.I'm in the Fareast at the moment but once I return home will send you screen shots that is if I can duplicate this problem.>>One final note, the PMDG 747 is a very complicated machine.>Very few can launch it and fly it without lots of time>learning and reading the AOM.I do understand that the PMDG B747 very complex, (not as complex as the MD11)but i think i have a good working knowledge of the auto flight system. Still reading the AOM It’s just that these bugs popup some times that have nothing to do with reality.Thank for your quick Response