Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lizardo

FS2002 and windows ME

Hey guys,I'm having problems w/ my FS2002. My computer is not a "super-one", but always ran FS smoothly. I have windows ME and, since some 2 weeks ago, it's impossible to fly. The aircraft will begin bumping to the left and crash and textures will change all the time, from day to night or vice-versa, doesn't matter the time. I didn't install any new hardware nor software. I've been running Fs2002 for the last 7 months w/o problems. The worst of all is that the little box that says "FS2002 had a problem, please send us the report, etc.." doesn't appear either. My system is Compaq Presario @ 700Mhz, no 3D hardware, only the original one from Intel. Windows ME and 64Mb.Any suggestions?Thanks since now, Pardeep K. Rishi

Guest Coneman

There are a lot of possibilities but have you tried reinstalling FS2002? Or running scan disk and defrag? I would try the basic maintenance stuff first then maybe a reinstall. But you really should get more ram :-)ToddKCOE

I'll tell you one thing... On my compaq i have had the weirdest things happen to me... My computer is about the same except with 733mhz. People have been tellin me formating every 6months is a must. but I don't believe in that too much. Its too much trouble and most of the time i don't have any trouble worth formating. but in cases where things are slowin down check I would probably go for the format... but i'm probably guessing that you installed something 2 weeks ago that did something to your computer... So check what is running when you first start up your computer. After you start and your computer has settled down press ctrl+alt+del and see what programs are running, maybe something there is running that is taking a lot of memory orsomething. I can help you with what to shutdown because i don't have much information. So tell us some more info and maybe we can help out. But before you do anything check with some people here.Al

Guest Lizardo

I run it fine with ME, but my daughter has a Compac..and it's got a LOT of just "Compac" junk in it/in start-up/ + running. They also partitioned her drive into C+D. When you re-install, you might want to make sure where 2K2 goes to?