Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ubootwolf

PMDG Beech 1900 C Propeller Texture transparency

Guest Ubootwolf

Hi there,i love the PMDG Beech 1900 C Cargo version. So i imported this model in FSX. On a PMDG-Support-Site was written down how to do so. But unfortunately after the import the propeller texture is not transparent anymore. All the Trees, Buildings and clouds dissapear behind the propeller. That looks very ugly. Has anyone an idea to fix that problem? I would be very happy.....Many thanks in advance for your helpGreetings from Hamburg/GermanyUbootwolf

Look for Phil Taylor's blog (link at the Top of the FSX forum), he posted something about the transperncy (alpha layer) issue that rears its ugly head with FSX sp2. In his blog there was a link to someone else's fix for the issue. Also, it has been discussed in the FSX forum, search for "prop transparency" or something to that affect.Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Ubootwolf

Thank you, i will try to find these articles. I hope i will find something that helps.....

Guest Ubootwolf

Wow, i found it. Sounds good and quit simple. I just made that things and i hope everything will work now! I will post the result.many thanks for these links!

Good, looking forward to your exact fixes for the B1900. I have both the C & D, but haven't re-installed them with FSX lately but would like to have the reference when I decide to do so. We should probably also submit it as a PMDG-Wiki article at that time as well.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Ubootwolf

hi,sorry, i followed everything exactly what is mentioned in this article (PhilTaylorBlog) but unfortunately it will not work. Through clouds the blue sky is visible and all buildings and trees disappear behind/through the propeller. The texture of the B1900-D model will work fine but not the prop. texture of the B1900-C model (incomprehensible). OK, i think i have to wait untill PMDG will release an updated version f

Hmmm, maybe we can get Ryan to chime in here and elaborate.Ryan,What are the known prop issues with the B1900C/D in FSXsp2(dx9)? Any workarounds that you know of?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Ubootwolf

Unfortunately it seems that nobody cares this subject.......