Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scousefox9

747X Hot Start

Guest Scousefox9

Hey, is it possible to get a Hot Start when starting the 747X's engines without setting any failures or anything? I'm guessing the answer is no because I've tried everything in vain but I would have thought it would have been developed to be possible...Looking forward to reading your replies!

Guest Scousefox9

One your post goes off page 1 it seems it's downwards from there. Anybody know?

As far as I know it's not possible, I think the engines can flame out in Heavy rain and if treated badly with Auto Thrust off but I have never seen it happen, and I also keep Ignition on in rain and heavy turbulance anyway. The only time I have ever had a hot start with the 747 was with FS passengers. I had a High EGT on number three during engine start and managed to catch it before the engine redlined. And that was once out off over a thousand flights.Rob

Rob Prest

Guest Scousefox9

So it is possible? I assume it was PMDG coding and not FS Passengers that allowed this :S.

No I think is was fspax coding, I have it set to 1% failure and thats all I use it for.. My only only gripe with PMDG is not being able to set a Ramdom failure and leave it......

Rob Prest

Guest sunbear

I must agree with that also....Random is supposed to be 'RAMDOM'...Regards,jack

ooops typed that after one to many beers :)Rob

Rob Prest