Sign in to follow this  
jhbchristopher

AI landing gear not showing

Have pmdg 747 for a few months now. The only problem I'm having is that the AI traffics landing gear is not viewable until I get closer to the traffic. Ive tired default AI, Ultimate traffic and my traffic x. Having problem in both 2D and Virtual cockpit. In 2d the AI gear is viewable most of the time if looking out the sides windows but in straight ahead view I have to get very close to the AI to see the Gear. Performance is great, 12 - 18 Frame Rate as busy airports with traffic sliders at 80%, have the same problem of not seeing AI gear at not so busy airports with minimal traffic. All graphics settings are maxed out except water, no auto traffic, minimal ships and boats. Any help would be great and I thank you in advance.Nvidia 8800gt1650 x 1050 monitorVista 32DX10 Preview enabled (had problem in 9 also)4 gb ramIntel Core 2 Duo Processor E4500 (2MB L2 Cache,2.20GHz,800 FSB)

Uh? Is this a question about the PMDG product or AI traffic?Believe me, if you are in an airplane in the air, and you are close enough to clearly see the landing gear of another airplane in the air; then, you are too close or in an aerobatic demo team. Three miles (lateral) is about as close as you get to another airplane, I hope.I figure something that is 12-ft tall only subtends an angle of about .05 deg. at about 3 miles. I have no idea how high the Queens' gears are.

Dan Downs KCRP

>Believe me, if you are in an airplane in the air, and you are>close enough to clearly see the landing gear of another>airplane in the air; then, you are too close or in an>aerobatic demo team. Three miles (lateral) is about as close>as you get to another airplane, I hope.ORyou fly into one of those US airports where approaches are done on parallel runways having almost no separation between them :( And no we Europeans do not think of that as "safe" ;)Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Markus: I didn't think of that... KSTL simultaneous parallel operations, which are too close for IFR. Yes, that is an interesting approach.

Dan Downs KCRP

No,The problems with viewing AI landing gear occur while I taxi, this only occurs in the PMDG 747 and LevelD 767, When flying the FSX default aircraft ai landing gear can be sen without any problem, I thought someone else in this forum might have had the same problem. Any Ideas?