Sign in to follow this  
Guest lgvpilot1

Long haul

Guest lgvpilot1

Gentlemen your thoughts please I have just completed a flight KSFO EGLL no problems at all and this got me thinkingDo any of you guys have a suggestion about a flightplan that will really stretch the legs of a 747?To or from EGLL would be nice ,but any suggestions would be greatly received Thanks Mark

EGLL-YSSY is a good one... good luck ;)

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Check flightaware.com live tracking, they have 88 744's in the air right now. The longest flight appears to be 14:44 KLAX-VHHH UA867. The nice thing about checking here is you'll sometimes find the complete flight plan.Edit: Yes, EGLL-YSSY is further (9188 vs 7383nm).. that's an amazing distance.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest lgvpilot1

Tom EGLL-YSSY how far does a 747 glide when out of fuel:P DanThats a great web site. KLAX-VHHH now surely thats full tanks to fumes? I grabbed the route while i was there . I will see if i can install it through fsbuild.Thanks for the suggestions guys and if anyone else has any then please let me knowMark

Gents,Why not try using a BA, SQ or QF 744 on the SIN-LHR rte - with AS6 enabled. Not as long as a trans-pacific rtes but with the prevailing winds on your nose for most of the flight it should put you at the edge of the range envelope & will almost certainly result in a limited ZFW situation as you will most probably need a full fuel load.Watch out for the very strong headwinds & perhaps some TURB as you head up over the Indian Sub-Continent into Central Asia...a more northerly/southerly rte here may save several tons of fuel if you can avoid the worst of the winds.If trans-pacific takes your fancy then try the HKG-SFO-HKG routing...using NOPAC tracks (similar to the daily NAT Tracks).Kind RegardsSteve Bell

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

I did do Los Angeles to Sydney with nearly full tanks (FSBuild flight planning) and arrived with only 4000 pounds of fuel. I have found at high zero fuel weights it burns more fuel than planned and I can't do flight a real 747-400, non ER, can do. At lower weights it does fine. I also did QF1 Sydney, Bankok, London and QF2 back to Bangkok then Sydney. There is no question this plane can do some long legs.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Johannesburg - Perth or Johannesburg - Sydney. Unfortunately SAA (South African Airways) have just let the last of their B744's go in favour of A340's but they did fly on this route. Have not flown this myself yet but plan to do so over a weekend sometime soon.GregH

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

>Gentlemen your thoughts please >I have just completed a flight KSFO EGLL no problems at all>and this got me thinking>Do any of you guys have a suggestion about a flightplan that>will really stretch the legs of a 747?>To or from EGLL would be nice ,but any suggestions would be>greatly received >Thanks >MarkI've done KLAX-YSSY, and KSFO-RJAA. They are a good test.- John

Guest lgvpilot1

GentlemenThank you all for some great suggestions,It looks like my weekends have been taken care of for a while now.These are the type of flights that i have become more and more interested in . EGLL to KBOS seems to have become a puddle jump, where as the flights you have suggested will require a lot more planning and attention.Again thank you, and for any more suggestions you may haveMark

Cathy Pacific B744(CPA885) departed about 20 mins later and is on a slightly different route.And CPA 882's route, VHHH-KLAX, for 2/25 was still available as well.V3 ENVAR M750 LEKOS PABSO R583 BISIS G581 ONC V73 DOVAG UKATA 3100N 15000E 3400N 16000E 3400N 17000E 3600N 18000E 3700N 17000W 3600N 16000W 3600N 15000W 3600N 14000W BLUFF AUDIA RZS SADDE6Claude

Regards,

Claude Franklin