Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

PMDG forgets my settings

Hi all,Please advise - when I set keyboard commands in the PMDG menu inside FSX for functions such as TOGA etc, the sim has dropped these the next time I start up and fly. This means with every flight I have to re-enter all the key commands into the PMDG menu. There is no "save" button so what must I do to avoid re-entering these everytime I want to fly the 747?I seem to have a similar problem trying to save panel states. They just dont seem to save?Is it because my copy of FSUIPC is not a paid for version but the free download version?Thanks in advance,GregH

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

You should be okay with the unregistered FSUIPC; although, I highly recommend getting the registered version to fix weather shifts.I had a brief and wierd problem with keyboard assignments but they stuck the second time. Never understood it.Also, I found it worthwhile to go into the MSFS keyboard assignments and delete all those except the ones I use. I think a MSFS assignment will override a PMDG assignment - haven't tested that hypothesis but my assignments have worked flawlessly since that initial wierdness.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan,Will try looking at deleting some of the default MSFS key assignments.I have re-entered the key commands a few times now and found that they are always gone the next time I start up the PC.Possibly a file cannot be written to in Vista or something. Will also try runing FSX as admin tonight and see if that helps.GregH

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Oh yeah, Vista. That seems to be a common problem... not looking forward to leaving XP.

Dan Downs KCRP

OK, I figured it out but considering I have not read this in the forums, it might just be valuable to a bunch of Vista-arians.As mentioned I could not get the PMDG menu to remember my keyboard commands (and yes I know how it should be done :) ).I tried running FSX as Administrator (right click menu) and entering the keyboard commands into the PMDG menu and voila - after shutting down and rebooting, by keyboard commands are still there.So if you have Vista and the 747-400X this should sort you out. You only need to run FSX as Administrator to enter the key commands. After that you can run normally again and they will still be there.I have not checked this yet but I am pretty darn sure that this issue also affects saving flight deck state and FMC routes data. Best therefore to always run FSX as Administrator if you are flying this aircraft in Vista unless perhaps you disable Vista's UAC perhaps. This is important PMDG guys - incorportate it into the user notes. :)GregH

GregH