Sign in to follow this  
ofentress

737-400X FMC

Well, I thought for sure I'd be able to figure this one but I'm not as smart as I thought. I've had the 737-44X for about a week and have enjoyed just plain flying to learn the aircraft. Then I downloaded the tutorials to get serious about the sim and began with firing up the aircraft, lesson 1. When I got to the FMC part, nothing I've been able to do would allow me to input anything. No airports, runways etc. I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere but for the life of me after hours of reading and experimenting I can't find out what I'm doing wrong (or not doing at all). Also, is there a way to clear everything in order to just start over? All other elements of the simulation seem to work just fine so far. I've checked the forum for possible answers but don't see anything specific to this problem. I would appreciate any help more experienced users of this aircraft could give me.Thanks in advance.Jack Fentress

Hi Jack,To confirm you refer to the B747-400X then:On the CDU / FMS check that there is no message being displayed (such as "Enter IRS Position" at the bottom of the screen. If there is, press the CLR (Clear) button to remove the message as this is the same area where you enter text/numbers to upload. while a message is displayed you cannot enter text. Then enter your info and select the relevant line select key on the side.Does this help? GregH

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I'll fire up in an hour or so and we'll find out. Thank you for the quick response Greg.Jack Fentress

Thank you Greg. I'm now able to input thanks to your suggestion. Pretty simple really. I guess I'm simpler. Now all I have to do is figure out how to make my own flight plans or retrieve those that came with the sim.Thank you again.Jack Fentress

Well Jon, fortunately it's quiet enough over here in New London, PEI that hopefully "the year" will pass quickly. I may call on you for some advice from time to time. Ok?Jack Fentress

Pleasure Jack. Glad to help. The FMC seemed a hugely complicated piece of equipment to me a short time ago. While I'm still a far way off "command", once you understand the basics is's actually quite intuitive. It adds a new and realistic dimention to flight sim.Enjoy!

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor