Sign in to follow this  
kapapilot

3dLights Redux

Hi,I am wondering if anyone has applied the 3dlights redux kit to the pmdg 747 for fs9, these are wonderful lights, they are so realistic, I hope someone can help me put them on my 747.thanksAnthony.

>Anthony,>These lights are for FSX only.Well.. that's not true anymore... Take a look at simmarket or other flightsim shops. It's out now for 2004 and FSX!PeteEHAMAmsterdam

I was looking at this too but didn't have a chance to play with it yet. I would think it would be a simple matter of replacing the lights in the aircraft.cfg file. 3dLights should have some sort of readme file with what to replace with what. Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Out of curiosity, do these 3Dlights use the light bloom effect in FSX? This is known to hammer frame rates. How do these lights affect frame rates? They do look nice, if not perhaps a little over done....GregH

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I don't think it affects framerates at all, but I could be wrong. In the reviews it said that it doesn't affect framerates, this is always one of my worries when I purchase something is that it will make the fs have terrible framerates.hope this helps.Anthonyps- there is a pdf explaining how to add the lights but I don't know which ones to use, there are so many options halogen, xenon, different headlights, etc. it is a little confusing so I just wanted to know if anyone has added them to the 747 with success and how they did it.

>Greg, I haven't noticed any frame rate hit in FSX.Is it pretty turn-key? Can you post a screenshot or two showing the 747x with the lights?Thanks,John

John, it was easy to install but you must play a bit with the aircraft config file to get the lights right.(be sure to make a backup first) I cheated a bit in that I used a config from another user off the shockwave forum. This got me going in the right direction. The effect on the Queen is simply amazing. Here are a few screen shots.

what did you do to get those on there? I am trying to get them on the fs9 aircraft and there are many others on the shockwave forum who are also wondering how to do this. Please help methanksAnthony

Anthony,this is from FSX.I'm assuming that if you purchased the FS9 version,it works the same way as the FSX version in regards to modifying the aircraft cofig file. If you are trying to get your FSX version to work in FS9, I don't think you can do that as there are special effects files that have to be written to the sim. If you are trying to install the FS9 version and it is not working, why don't you ask for support on the shockwave site?

From those screen shots it does look nice!GregH

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor