Sign in to follow this  
hobeprime

PMDG 747-400 [FS9] Fligtplan Save impossible

Hello everyone.I can't save flightplans with my 747. After having completed the flightplan in the CDU, I press ACTIVATE / EXECUTE and then RTE COPY. I get the message COMPLETE but there is no flightplan there. I neither have any .rte nor .rte2 files on my computer.In another forum someone suggested I should have a FS9/PMDG/Flightplans folder which I don't. I created one but I couldn't save flightplans anyway.So I reinstalled the 747-400 with the repair option and also reinstalled the V1.1 update. Still no folder, still no saving possible.Can anybody help me, please?Thanks,Dennis

What Win version are you using? Are you running as an admin?Make sure everyone has read/write/create access to the PMDG and subfolders under it.

Hello,I use Windows XP Home Edition and my profile has the administrator rights.Regards,Dennis

Dennis,If you are sure you don't have a PMDGFLIGHTPLANS folder in your directory for FS9 I would suggest a complete uninstall and reinstall. Sounds like something in your install is messed up.Cheers,

Thanks, but as I mentioned in my first post, I reinstalled the 747 but nothing changed.

Dennis,I know what you said. You said you reinstalled with the repair option. I said uninstall and reinstall. There is a difference in the two methods. Please try the latter and see if the installer creates your folder and default flight plans.Thanks,

Sorry, Mats, I didn't intend to come across in a know-it-all manner. It has just taken me too long a search in manuals and tutorials, so I was a little tired. I did uninstall and reinstall and now I have a Flightplans folder with a lot of routes and get a confirmation for saving a route.Thank you very much for your help!!Cheers,Dennis

Dennis,Glad you got it all sorted out! :-)Happy flying,