Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

Takeoff Callouts

On the takeoff roll, can hear the "80 KTS" callout but not the V1, V2 or "rotate". This has happened a few times. I have accepted/confirmed the speeds on the TAKEOFF page.What could it be that I am doing incorrectly ?Thanks,Zach

zachlog

Zach,Are you sure you haven't changed runway or other parameter that have deleted the V-speeds? This is the only time I have experienced the lack of V-speed call-outs.Hope it helps,

Hello Zach,When your V speeds are close figures this does happen. Sometimes esp. when your aircraft is light V1 and Vr will be pretty close. You will hear "V1" but not "rotate".hope this helps

Mats,I do change the rwy based on what rwy is active (ATIS/ATC) but I confirm the V-speeds after any such changes (large characters) or any other route changes. Having said this, I know I am making a procedural error because I have had V-speed callouts in the past.1. Except a rwy change, what other action can potentially delete the V-speeds ?2. Before takeoff, if the V-speeds on the TAKEOFF page are in large characters/accepted, can I be sure that the V-speeds have not been deleted and that this is not the problem ?Thanks for the guidance.Zach

zachlog

Guest hangar744

Hi,TAKEOFF SPEEDS DELETED scratchpad message is displayed if you alter:-runway slope-wind component-thrust limit-assumed temperature-W/D runway condition-the T/O runway itself-any speed differs more than 2 knots with the computed speeds at engine startDo you actually see them getting on the airspeed tape?regards,delcom

>>TAKEOFF SPEEDS DELETED scratchpad message is displayed if you >>alter:Alter these when ? At what point ? Except the T/O rwy, I have not changed any of them but I could in the future.>>any speed differs more than 2 knots with the computed speeds at >>engine startI don't understand this one. Do you mean, for example, that if V1 is confirmed/accepted after engine start and it differs by more than 2 KTS from the computed V1 speed at engine start, V1 will be deleted ?>>Do you actually see them getting on the airspeed tape?I believe the last time this happened they were not on the tape but not 100% sure. I will look for this the next time.Thanks,Zach

zachlog

Guest hangar744

Hi Zach again,sorry about the previous very very brief list of inputs that can delete the takeoff speeds. Let me try to explain it one more time in greater detail.After power up if you visit the TAKEOFF REF page, you will find only dashed lines by the REF V1, REF VR, REF V2. This is normal, she needs some information to calculate takeoff speeds. As far as remember aligned IRS's, valid OAT, runway id, flap setting and ZFW are the required parameters for the calculation. So if you provide those, you see the three calculated speeds. At this point they are small fonts with caret select prompt. The airspeed tape still shows amber NO V SPEEDS. When you push all three LSK's, the calculated speeds change to large fonts, REF and caret are removed. Now the airspeed tape should show green speeds. Basically she's good to go (concerning takeoff speeds).Strait forward. If you have the GREEN speeds displayed during the takeoff roll, there should be call outs. If you still have the amber flag...well you've got a problem.Changing and/or entering some other refining parameters like runway slope or wind component will affect the ALREADY validated, calculated or manually entered takeoff speeds. You will NOT receive TAKEOFF SPEEDS DELETED message if there was no validation. You can play around with all the variables, all you gonna see is the new recalculated small font speed values. Once you "accepted" all three of them and you start changing any of the required information...you'll get the message.Just checked my (FS9744F1.1 or something like that) bird, some of the inputs do not seem to affect the takeoff speeds at all, and/or do not inform about invalidation.So Huston...ah I've got a problem, too. ;-) delcom,over and out

Hi,Have you checked Menu Bar -> Addons -> PMDG options -> ASDF? (not sure of the spelling). There is a page of checkboxes. A set of them control callouts. Make sure they are checked. Some other addons delete the callouts because the addon does the callouts. Hope this helps,dan davison>On the takeoff roll, can hear the "80 KTS" callout but not>the V1, V2 or "rotate". This has happened a few times. I>have accepted/confirmed the speeds on the TAKEOFF page.>>What could it be that I am doing incorrectly ?>Thanks,>Zach

Just some feedback on this problem.I am getting the V-speed callouts again. I believe, though I am not 100% sure, the problem was that I was depending on the DEP/ARR pages to specify departure runway and did not specify it on the ROUTE page where the Origin airport and Runway are specified.Thanks again for the guidance,Zach

zachlog