Sign in to follow this  
Vic1

747x eratic flight behaviour

i have been experiencing problems with the 747x latest version xp fsuipc installed reg versionsuddenly the aircraft turs left and right eratically at angles way over the bank angle limit climbing decending stalling as if in serious turbulance . all i have is default weather on , such as a theme of heavy storms etc etc. the aircraft becomes unflyable on ap this way and a struggle to fly manually.seccondly after a few hours of flight some of the gauges freeze nd pfd and remain that way i have to shut down the sim. the ac still flies thoughkav

The default FSX weather is horrible, there are wind, temperature and barometric shifts that sometimes make it unflyable. Update your registered FSUIPC to 4.25 and use wind smoothing. Pete also added temp/baro smoothing and continues to make improvements with beta versions at his forum: http://forums.simflight.com/index.phpThe VC will sometimes freeze, just select a different camera and return (A then Shift+A) and that ought to do it.

Dan Downs KCRP

but this has also happened on many occasions with asx over a network i have the latest fsuipc ive tried smoothing but what ever combination i try it eventually happens usaully starts with a stallalso the freezing guages ive tried everything to save the flight new view etc etc nothing they remain frozen noting will un do itthanks for the advice but there must be some other problem herekav

besides its not a total freeze of the vc or sim its just the main crt displays thet hang and nothing i can do will fix it unless i reselct the aircraftkav

Kav,Try without any weather at all and see if you can replicate. If not you know it's due to some external inluence. If you can reproduce without weather please show us some screenshots for further troubleshooting.The freezing displays I can't help you with. Sounds like a video driver issue or something like that. Hope it helps,

In FSUPIC you need to go to the Clouds tab and tick "suppress cloud turbulance", the erratic behaviour should stop. It's an issue we discovered with the 747X during testing of FSUIPC's wind smoothing and that issue is being looked at, in the meantime suppressing the cloud turbulance will settle your a/c down.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

ok ill give that a trythankskav

just tried that and within 2 minutes of selecting heavy storms i had a bank angle warning with ap and hdg select and the ac was turning fron right to left to right tp left eratically banking at or over the limet each way, it just could not cope , was default weather theme. all fsuipc wind turbulance options disabled/enabled respectivly yet still un flyablekav

You need to do the test someone else suggested above, fly it with NO weather at all and see if it behaves ok. Selecting "heavy storms" is not going to help diagnose your problem is it!Note: The recommended settings with the 747X and latest FSUIPC (I think we're at 4.256 now?) is FSUIPC wind, pressure and temp smoothing ON. Both wind and cloud turbulance suppressed.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

yes of course i have tried that and when i use weather that is when problems occur. I realise it is weather related but its not just defauld themes its asx aswell. my point is that unless i fly with no weather its unflyable and there is no point in flying with no weather for mekav

Thanks so much for this setting recommondtion here, Bill. I used to have the same problem with KAV.With ASX(SP3 Beta) and FSUIPC 4.25(Registed). I use recommand setting from HIFI sim, that is, use FSUIPC wind smooth instead of ASX's own. With this setting I don't have sundden wind shift up to 180 degrees. I do notice that FSUIPC seems try to keep the wind direction during some situations, but I still have the same problem as what KAV said. After able the "suppress cloud turbulance" the erratic behaviour seemed stop on my side. Kav you can try this with ASX to see if the erratic behaviour stop. James Q