Sign in to follow this  
lensman

PMDG 747X and screen readers/magnification

Alex, Again, great suggestions, thanks! I'll make those changes later today and let you know what happens. AFAI can tell, there are no overlaps panel overlaps between monitors. The just-plain-old video performance goes down if the desktop is stretched.The light flashes appear to be random, and so far are only on the main monitor, and when the focus is on the main monitor. I almost always leave the mouse on the main monitor except when using EICAS or the CDU. However, I'll make the setup as you suggest. I see the eye MD on Friday to check on the eye pressure, so I'll ask about the 6' range glasses. I will have to go back to the documentation to find out what the stabilizer is and how it's controlled. There do not appear to be any clickable points on the stripes or immediately above and below it.Thanks again & more soon,dan

Hi,Thank you for the suggestion. I really don't know. I'll check the doumentation & post back here. I don't think I've ever been "offered" a resolution of 1680 x 1050 by the monitor driver or the video card. (I'm in another room on the computer which has a better screen reader).More soon,dan

Dan- Stabilzer is the horizontal tail plane that controls aircraft pitch up/down- set to establish desired airplane attitude: level,up,down. Essentially its correct setting will remove pressure from the pilot's control yoke- which actually controls the elevators. Depends on many factors- weight/ fuel/ passenger load and desired attitude-climb/descend etc. In the 747 it will be computed by the FMC.With the CH yoke I use the fore/aft rocker switch for trim. Go to FSim Options/Controls/Assignments/Control Surface Commands- Elevator Trim Down is set to Button 9, Elevator Trim Up is set to Button 10. Move the Repeat slider to full right.Now you've got dual mons working, check local computer shops for surplus CRT monitors- you might find a nice 19 or 20" for free. They now have little or no resale value and are a liability to get rid of!Alex Reid

Hi Kirster,I checked the manual for the large LCD (Hann-G) and played with the nVidia driver. The maximum resolution on it is 1280 x 1024 via the driver. The manual doesn't list any higher resolution either. Thanks for suggesting I check.dan