Sign in to follow this  
Guest georgi55

Too Hot

Guest TerryT

Noel, Your case looks very similar to mine with the four drive bays at the top (CD-RW)& DVD) followed by the 3 3.5s (nothing installed there)Then just below those are my two intake fans with washable filter and at the bottom the USB/firewire/headset jacks. Maybe moving the cpu off the desk and down to the floor will pick up a little cooler air. Here in NM we have so much dust that I hate to do that as my only room cooling is via a swamp (evaporative) cooler.Terry

Guest TerryT

Trip, I turned off the AA and the test went from 3931 to 8135. Better but not great. At least it is in the ballpark for that particular card . I just tried to fly a flight in the default 747-400 from Frankfurt Germany to Honalulu HI (10hrs 14 min) and the sim locked uped after the second freq change less than 10 miles from the airport. I was flying through clouds at the time and only was uing the AA 2X quince setting instead of the normal X4 mode. This FS2002 is getting old pretty fast. I think I might load a older version just for fun to see if it is indeed the program and or hardware problems.Terry

Terry - Are you using a Ti4600? I just reread the thread and it looks like I assumed that was it. Also, what motherboard and what type of memory? The lockups are a system-related issue for sure. There's nothing in the default FS2002 that's causing it. - Trip

Guest georgi55

I dont know if I can help but just for reference my AMD Althon XP 1700+(1.47Ghz) with Fan that came in retail packege runs at 43C.I've overclocked it to 1964+(1646Ghz) and runs at 49C now.When I used to have AMD Alston 1.2Ghz it run at 50C. I used it overclocked at 1.37Ghz and it run at 54C.