Sign in to follow this  
Guest JacobKoziarz

PMDG 747-400X - XP 64 bit or Vista 64 bit ???

Guest JacobKoziarz

I'm thinking of downgrading from Vista 64 bit to XP 64 bit just so I could enjoy PMDG 747-400X - unfortunately it does not run properly on my Q6600/8800 GTS/4 Gig DDR2 RAM FSX/SP1/SP2.Could anyone here tell me if XP Pro 64 bit will allow me to run PMDG 747-400X properly ?Here's some conflicting info I found:http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.p...ebcaf0b4845ab9b

Ok, I'll try and help you.when you say it's not running 'properly', would you mind being more specific?also, it seems that the people who run this message board get their knickers in a twist if you don't say who you are.regards,peter belbin.

Guest JacobKoziarz

Isn't it displayed as JacobKoziarz ? It is here...

Guest JacobKoziarz

answer this one for myself and other lost newbies.If you want to stay with Vista and/or 64 bit OS - be prepared to suffer some setbacks - frequent crashes etc. Might be NVidia problem - not sure - looks like it since display crashes while sims keeps running.So it's your choice - but definitely worth it.And save flight doesn't work too well either - so be prepared to sit there and fly the whole flight without those nice shortcurts in defalut FSX where you just move the plane on the map. I think the reason might be that upon loading - the sim loads the panel and some autopilot functions do not load properly - at least that is my experience.Or feel free to fly this baby via ATC and default PLN - just forget FMC RTE - use SPD/HDG/ALT components just like in default FSX 747 - you can program LOC freq for ILS manually as well.Good luck !