Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daniel42

New Fuelplanner for the 747

Guest Daniel42

I've created a new fuel planner for the 747.- You must have .Net Framework 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5 installed.- The installer is a ClickOnce installClickOnce may be new to a lot of people. It allows you to install software directly from a webpage and the software will check for updates itself. You no longer have control over where the application is installed on your computer, though it will appear in the Add/Remove Programs interface from where you can uninstall the program. An entry also will be added to the start menu.I've added a (very) quick and (not too) dirty manual, assuming you know what things like contingency fuel are.The planner is based upon the documentation and the loadmanager from the 747-400X version, but should be usable for the FS9 version as well.The deployment webpage is here:http://www.supercell.nl/747FP/For some screenshots see:http://www.supercell.nl/747FP/shots.htmlThe program is freeware, but ofcourse... use it at your own risk (so far no problems reported :) )You might need Internet Explorer to install the software (With Firefox I keep getting strange characters)Daniel

Hi Daniel,Thanks for this. I have been looking for a good fuel planner for the 744. I will give it a whirl over the weekend. Do you want me to feed back any problems, inaccuracies, etc. that I may find?Regards,Lee.

Guest Daniel42

That would be very welcome Lee.I will certainly updated the readme/manual file (I didn't even spellcheck it)A week or so ago I posted here about a couple of suspicious values in the tables in PMDG documentation, but I did not get a response. So for now, I just use the values as they are in the document.And I should put a screenshot somewhere I think :)Daniel

Hi Daniel,Its looking good so far mate. Im currently enroute from LHR to LAX. The fuel planner calculated an FOB of 137588 and a TOT RES of 13421. From the FMC predictions, it looks like I will be landing with the right amount of fuel remaining at the moment.The only thing that I can think of so far that would be good, if possible, would be to add some even flight levels into the 'Target Cruise Level' drop down menu.Regards,Lee.

Hi,I've selected the webpage and then pressed install but nothing happens can you point me into the right direction for downloading.Secondly it doesn't use Microsoft Excel does it as my PC doesn't have that version.ThanksJason Thompson

Jason Thompson

Guest Daniel42

Excel isn't needed, it's a standalone program.You must have the Microsoft .Net Framework version 2.0 installed though (I think versions 3.0 and 3.5 or okay too). On Vista systems this is installed by default, but on XP you must do so yourself.It can be downloaded from the Microsoft website, search for 'dotnetfx 2.0 x86'Daniel

Hi Daniel,Congratulations on the fuel planner! It looks to be a great addition to our flying experiences.My initial test looks good except for the inability to specify my own BOEW value and maximum weight values. Which leads me to ask for a valuable change to your program.Presumably you know the TOPCAT program by Christian Grill. His program expects the user to enter a fuel load for the calculation of aircraft take-off and landing performance and uses a set of aircraft specifications rather than the more generic aircraft types that you currently use.Could you discuss with Christian how your program could access the TOPCAT aircraft database, perform your fuel planning calculations, and then insert the resulting fuel load numbers into the TOPCAT Loading page? Then we really would have a dream solution!Regards, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Guest lenly

Hi Daniel, I downloaded the Fuel Planner, and all I got was just code, is this what I'm supposed to get, or what do I do to transform it to look like you photo shots????Maurice....

Guest Daniel42

Make sure you have the .Net Framework installed before you click the 'Install' link on the page. This links to an .application XML file that tells .Net were to download and install the application.Also, it seems you have to use Internet Explorer. Which is strange since I've used ClickOnce before with FireFox.Daniel

Guest Daniel42

>Congratulations on the fuel planner! It looks to be a great>addition to our flying experiences.Thank you!>My initial test looks good except for the inability to specify>my own BOEW value and maximum weight values. Which leads me to>ask for a valuable change to your program.I'm sorry but currently I don't have the time to make the program generic, but I will keep your suggestions in mind.I did make a small update though that allows the user to at least specify their own BOEW.I also cleaned up the 'manual' a bit, fixed the TAB order and added some visual clues that should clarify which fields expect input and which fields give feedback.Daniel

Guest lenly

[Quote}Also, it seems you have to use Internet Explorer. Which is strange since I've used ClickOnce before with FireFox.[/Quote}I did excactly that and got it downloaded, no problem....Thanks, it looks great.....Lennie.....

Hey thanks for the new flight planner.MAX ZFW for the 747-400 is 242671 KGMAX PLW planned landing weight is 285763KGMAX MTOW 397727 KGMAX taxi out weight is 398636 KG

Guest Eek

>A week or so ago I posted here about a couple of suspicious>values in the tables in PMDG documentation, but I did not get>a response. So for now, I just use the values as they are in>the document.You must be talking about FL310 3200nm and 3600nm values? It appears they are reversed. I thought I was the only one who noticed. (-: EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Opteron 185 2.6 Ghz Dual Core2GB Kingston HyperX (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR 2-3-2-6 @ 1TXFX nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB DDR3 AGPSound Blaster Audigy LSSilverStone Decathlon 750W +12v@60A +5v@30AFS9 on WinXPPro (SP1)

Guest yv-bd9

Daniel, I have installed .NET framework 1.1 2.0 3.0 (the latest with SP1), but everytime I click the browser shows the codeWhat I'm doing wrong?Thks for any reply