Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scousefox9

747X ND

Guest Scousefox9

Hey, I've seen pictures and videos of the real B744 ND and it has a full circle radius instead of a line and little markers for distances. Is there a reason why this is different in the aircraft because I think it looks cooler?

Guest Scousefox9

Do you mean when you press the CTR button because I tried that and it's not the same?

What is it you're trying to get?Can you post a picture or a video of what it is you're talking about?

Ah you want the Range Rings. I thought they used to be there but just having had a look I cant say I can find them.Having looked at the 747400gauges.ini in the PMDG directory and found TCAS_ShowRangeRings=0 in the [ND] indicates they might have been but setting this to TCAS_ShowRangeRings=1 does nothing as well.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Guest Scousefox9

Thanks for you're help. It seems PMDG have disabled this, can anybody from the team assist?

Liam,The range rings you want, as shown on the realworld picture of the ND, are there because WXR mode is selected.WXR mode is not modelled for the 747X. To know why, do a search on this forum.Regards,Harry

As I see it, there's another possibility here to which perhaps you're referring. Try this:Assume your destination airport is JFK. Click on the "FIX" button on the FMC, and on the top line, enter "KJFK". On the next line down, enter "/10" (slash ten). And for the helluvit, on the next line, enter "/30".I use these resulting range circles around my dest AP as guides for how high and fast I want to be at these ranges, while on approach. But they can be placed around any location of your choosing.And, admittedly, they . . . do look kinda neat. :-)-Jon HoustonHalifax,NS,Canadahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

Guest Scousefox9

Yes bu they're green and around a FIX not the aircraft, I think Harry's hit the nail on the head. Thanks all for your posts.

Hi Liam,When changing "TCAS_ShowRangeRings" to 1 in the 744gauges.ini and then select the WXR-button, you will get your range rings in the ND.Sure, WXR is not modelled but the range rings are!