Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

problems with track !!!!

Brian,Too bad it didn't solve your problem.Suggest you shoot support an email and see if they can give you some help. Please make sure you get an automated email reply back so you are sure no spam filters are eating your respective emails.Hope it helps,

Guest glenlee

Hi all, I'd never seen this problem until a couple of days ago....I was flying EGKK to KJFK and I time accelerated to x4, all was working ok until I slowed it down....The the plane went so far off track I thought I must have caught the autopilot or something... On checking it was all ok but still drifting off track...I noticed I'd slowed it down to 1/2 speed by mistake, should have gone for 1x but pressed 1 too many times!When I put the speed back up to normal the aircraft made a sharp turn to the right and rejoined the track line exactly.I've not seen it before and not tried to re-create it since... But is it worth trying the time settings to see if there's a stray link in there?Hope this helps... (probably not but thought I'd try!)Glen LeeBAV785

Guest hench289

Your LNAV problem is FSINN if you have it installed. I had the same problem and i tried everything i then uninstalled fsinn completely and it worked perfect, i then reinstalled fsinn and i had the problem again right away. Let me know if you have fsinn installed if so delete it. Kevin Henchey

In preparation for the VATSIM Cross the Pond event on 22nd March, I did a test run tonight from EGCC to KBOS and also ran into serious problems with this navigation problem. I use the 747 FS9 version on a Windows XP system with the aircraft patched with the FS9 update that came along with the FSX version.I use Active sky and once over the Atlantic (I had stepped away from the computer) I noticed that the airplane was flying using about a 10 nm offset and also crabbing. I thought that AS was the culprit so I switched it off and used the clear skies option in FS9 that gives me no winds.However the problem remained exactly the same. So I used Heading select to get the airplane to cross the magenta line and just when it was about to cross I turned on LNAV again. What happened was the aircraft turned away to the right of the magenta line and continued flying away.http://www.alcom.aland.fi/kitte/msfs/c.jpgAfter a while it slowly slowly started to turn back towards the next waypoing and then it looked like this:http://www.alcom.aland.fi/kitte/msfs/d.jpgObviously it wan't going to make it to the waypoint, so I updated the next waypoint and continued to that one. I thought something might be wrong with these trans-atlantic waypoints but once on the Canadian side I tried navigating to some VOR's that were along the route (using LNAV). The distance was 320 NM and I ended up with an 80 nm offset...I also tried navigating to the waypoints using heading select. I simply pointed the heading bug towards the desired one figuring that with no winds and all enginges working, the aircraft should head directly towards it. But sure enough I drifted away and I had to correct the heading continously.This has happened several times, also before installing the latest patch, but usually everything works properly and I have no problem flying over the pond (I only have seen it crossing the pond where the waypoints of course are far away).

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

>Your LNAV problem is FSINN if you have it installed. I had>the same problem and i tried everything i then uninstalled>fsinn completely and it worked perfect, i then reinstalled>fsinn and i had the problem again right away. Let me know if>you have fsinn installed if so delete it. > Kevin HencheyNo FSINN here, I don't fly online!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I do not have FSINN.Someone at one point thought it had something to do with the gyro drift option but I tried that too - it makes no difference.Brian

>Your LNAV problem is FSINN if you have it installed.I'm sorry but that's not true. I have FSInn, I always fly with it and I have never ever seen this LNAV issue. FYI, FSX with XP.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

It isn't 'to do' with other addons. It is a glitch in the software. PMDG told me this, and it should be addressed in the upcoming patch.

>Hmm, didn't think of that! I do have that checked in the>realism menu, I think I'll turn it off, and see what>happens!!Well that didn't work, neither did moving the Realism sliders to the left, but it was worth a shot, it made perfect sense why that could have been the problem! Thanks!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest steffzt

>Wow! That's the first time i've seen it that bad on XP. I>know the issue is there with XP, but on mine it's to a much>lesser degree - certainly close enough for transatlantic>flights.>>Ryan....... PLEASE???? What's the score on the update? >Weeks back you told me "a few days"!I've the same problem, win-xp home, current sp, fsx sp2.Last night, i did a Long haul flight and found the folowing:The plottet track in the nd is allways wrong an much asthe variation at a given place; arround europe, at the moment,thats not a big probelm, cause variation is pretty low.Now, how can i fly with wrong information? When i selectedtrue heading I use the desired course as stated in my cdu leg pageand select this track in the mcd; It still looks weirdcause the plotted track points to the left or the right,depending on variation, but at least I find my way to destination.There have also been some discussions about the influences of wind.That has absolutely nothing to do with this problem. The direction,the little triangle pointing to is the track, the ac is flying,wich is computed by the fmc by constantly following the actualposition. The heading may differ quite much, depending oncrosswind.It seem, the fmc does't take into account variation in the flightplan, but it does, when plotting the desired track inthe nd, and so it never will work.Ah, ja, forgotten: Never encountered the problem in any other addon I flew until now, for example wilco 743, level-d 763 wherefollowing the flightplan works as you can expect it.Ah, ja, forotten: I also tried to update/recover the magdec.bglwhich was suspected to be responsible for this strange behavior.Best regardsSteffen

I have the same problem.1st I thought it might be me making mistakes when aligning the IRS, but even following the normal procedures, the IRS-position starts to differ from the gps-position within minutes of flighttime.The difference is a few seconds in the beginning, but adds up to even degrees on long hauls. I understand that an IRS that does not get corrected during flight will end up with accumulated position errors at the destination, but I doubt that makes u miss it by 100 nm in real life. I use GPS-position to initialize the IRS as suggestes in AOM, so the error is not coming from a wrong initial position. I still have to go thru the FMC-manual, but taking a short look at it, I did not find instructions to re-align IRS in flight using VOR/DME for example.I run FSX Accelerator on WinXP SP2 with no other addons installed than the PMDG 747-400X. I de-installed and re-installed, dropped in a new magdec.bgl.. nothing helps.For now, I fly the long hauls using AP in heading-mode calculating drift manually, but that's not "as real as it gets" in modern aviation.Hope this will be adressed in a patch soon, it really spoils the experience with the big girl.

Hi Onedownone2togofirst please sign your name... welll, you know the drillAccording to "The unofficial Boeing 747-400 Simulator and checkride Procedures manual" by Mike Ray:"SOME IRU FACTS:1. The IRS position can ONLY be updated (by pilot entry) on the ground through the CDUs.2. There is NO capability (like some other IRSs) for the pilot to enter the position on the unit.3. There is NO updating of the IRS position, once the units have entered the NAV MODE!"So as you can see you should leave the IRS untouched throughout the flight so apparantly you are doing it correctly.My problem went away with updating the magdec.bgl file, but others obviously haven't been so lucky.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest steffzt

>My problem went away with updating the magdec.bgl file, but>others obviously haven't been so lucky.Hi,where did you find the bgl? I tried the original fsx-oneand one, which stated to take into account the 2005 data?Thnx and best regardsSteffen