Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

PMDG Map

Does anyone have a recommendation for a moving map specifically for the PMDG 747-400X ? Would like to have something that works in the cockpit.Thanks,Zach

zachlog

I open a top-down view window (Shift+]).

Dan Downs KCRP

I use this too for taxiing in an A/P but do you find it useful when at FL350 ? Zach

zachlog

Zach:If flightplanned correctly- following airways, waypoints and fixes, departing on a SID, arriving on a STAR, to an ILS, LOCDME or to the FAF for a visual, there is no opportunity to lose SA. I utilize the ServInfo Map to provide a moving map display on a networked laptop. That for general position and traffic information, along with the ND provide all the information needed.For local circuits, the ND with Rwy centerline extensions, along with STA and APT selected, with the appropriate ILS, VORs and NDBs; and correct range selected, again provide all the information I need.I utilize Navigraph for my charts (on the same networked laptop) and that works like an electronic flight bag. The device from widgets does look promising however....This is a change from the traditional moving map overlaid with GPS information- but I promise, once understood, and utilized correctly- will serve you well for transcontinental journeys, as well as local circuits and bumps.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

>>ServInfo MapIs this an add-on ? Available of simmarket or similar site ?Thanks,Zach

zachlog

Hi There,Servinfo is a freeware you can find in the "Hangar Sites" located at the top of the Avsim main page. It is a very useful app especially if you fly online. Iam not an expert but I doubt you can find any use of it if you are not connected to one of the Online services.Regards

Why would you want an additional moving map?You HAVE one! (Navigation display)Best Regards,Bert.

Where are the hanger sites ? all i see at the top of the main page are the links to the file libarary, forums,surverys,links, etc?

Phil Densley

Go to avsim.com, right side of the page there is a column of links...Hangar Sites is the 4th one down.Zach

zachlog