Sign in to follow this  
strider

So...the NG737 2D panel is "daylight only"?

Brown - don't know how I get that. That is the standard PMDG 737-600. What is the Dome light?Bill

A puzzle- when I load a 737-600 I still get gray/blue! What Airline have you selected in the PMDG options? Never seen Brown before!!!Dome Bright is a non working switch on the Overhead panel- top, just above Panel Lights switch.Do you have the 800/900 upgrade? Wonder if it may have deleted Brown in the 600/700?Alex Reid

>Here it is - all lit up.>Bill How in the World did you get that?? That's what I'm wishing for. Vic

No airline selected. This is just the basic out of the box PMDG livery 737-600. Will fire up the sim now and come back to you when I search a little.Bill

All PMDG aircraft including downloaded EasyJet version have this golden panel lighting. I do not have the 800/900 upgrade.Bill

Strider Load the plane I always load 2D only panel version. Go to Overhead panel - and switch the Panel Brt button (right in the centre of the overhead panel) and thats it -go to main panel and the lights are on - good luck and let us know.Bill

This is what I have been saying, Bill...that switch you speak of ("Dome Bright") is not a working switch on my 2D panels (600, 700, 800 or 900). From what I've heard it doesn't work for most other people also. The "Panel Lights" switch is the only working one and it results in the backlit, but otherwise very dark, panel posted at the top of this thread. I'm wondering if it's something that got changed when the 800-900 was installed because I tried it on the 600 and it isn't clickable except in the VC...not in the 2D...which is all I use. I suppose I could uninstall (again) and only install the 600-700 and see what happens...but that doesn't really solve the issue. Vic

Well, I see one obvious difference...you have only one switch. My 737 panels have 2: "Panel Lights", which is in the same place as your "Panel Bright" and results in the backlighting, and "Dome Bright", which is above your switch...but only works in the VC on my panel. I wonder if a bit of creative editing can bring back my 2D dome light (and that of most users, also! I'll bet the 800-900 add-ons took it away from all panels)? Vic

You will see that in an earlier reply to January that I asked what a "Dome Light" was. I never have seen that. You might be on the right track now. I will keep an eye on this thread to see if it works out for you. Good luck.Bill

Yep...completely deleted the PMDG 737's and installed only the 600-700 and...Voila! I have lighting that actually LIGHTS the panel at night for easy viewing. Now the real work begins...how to figure a way to keep that lighting in all PMDG 737's, after installing the 800-900 models. I believe that calls for a new thread. Thanks for helping me figure out what PMDG did to my panels, Bill. Vic