Sign in to follow this  
01pewterz28

General Airlines 737-400 Questions Regarding Quality an

Guest Stanner1953

I am considering purchasing the Greatest Airlines 737-400, since I understand that it is the best addon on the market for medium size aircraft. 1. Do you agree that the GA737-400 is currently the best addon for the medium size aircraft? If not what is your choice?2. Although the software is on a CD, the 80 page "Quick Start" manual, and 200 page "Operations" manual must be downloaded from the GA web site. Is this correct? I have a 56bps dial up modem and the time to download the operations manual is over 2 1/2 hours. Is there any edition of this software with the manuals on the CD? I believe there is a site in the UK selling this software with the manuals on the CD. Is this correct?Is this addon worth the money, assuming the documentation must be downloaded from the GA web site?Any alternative addon of medium of heavy commercial aircraft you would suggest? I will not consider the Airbus, since I understand from the reviews that this aircraft is highly computerized so that you spend most of the time flying with your your key board. Is this correct?Thank you for your opinions.Stanner

Guest CharlesH

Hi:DF737 is indeed the best addon that one can get. You might want to visit their forum and take a look. It my personal opinion, that although the manual is large, its very good. Buy it for the price its worth every penny. Charles Huckelbery

Well, if you rule out the Airbus, there's not really much choice left in the medium range.I have the DF734 and I'm not really thrilled.It has a great panel design and almost every button is in there if you like that kind of stuff.Major bummer for me is the FMC. It's semi-external and is not very well integrated. It does a lot of redraws on screen and does really 'fit' with the rest.I started of (3 years ago?) with the MadDog MD-xx series from Lago.More or less the first "semi-real ops" a/c on the market.After that went to the B767PIC (IMHO still top of the league).Recently bought the PSS A3xx which works quite well after solving some issues.If would have to make a choice for one specific a/c it would most certainly be the B763PIC, followed by the PSS AB3xx.B763PIC gives you a much better feel of simulating the real thing, especially with all the fault-options.Most complete FMC I've ever seen, good manuals and combined with the Posky a great machine to fly. Yes, I love it, I admit. :7The Airbus is not as bad as you describe it.Tell me what you do when cruising a Boeing? Same as in an Airbus: monitor, check position, have coffee and do your taxes.Boeing needs more interaction during take-off and landings, but all in between isn't that much different.Don't know about the manuals.There's a boxed version, but I assume the manuals will be on-line in .pdf format.Long time ago I've seen a paper manual with any boxed software...Good luck choosing!(BTW, did you read the reviews on all three here on AVISM?)- Gideon (EHAM)

IMHO the GA 737 is by far the best Small/Med range aircraft package available. 1. Fantastic panels all photo real and all are clear 2. Sounds are outstanding3. FMC is great you have the ability to use the FMC even if you are not in FS you can start it and create your flight plan save it come back a few hours and load up FS, start the FMC, select your FP and fly4. I believe the count is over 200 FREE liveries YES 200 FREE No other commercial product can top this.5. You have the ability to make your own repaints with "TOM" again NO other commercial company offers this.6. Load manager is included configure your aircraft w/ pax and cargo.7. Pilots and FA sounds included just a touch of a button and the crew starts talking. You can put in your own FA and pilot sounds if you want.8. The plane flies great by the numbers.9. The customer service from DF is outstanding.10. Finally the PRICE $30 for the d/l version what other commercial product on the market can offer everything about. The answer is simple NONE only Dream Fleet :)John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.