Sign in to follow this  
Guest 7378NG

737 GPWS

Guest 7378NG

Hi everyone. Im just wondering if it is at all possible to customize the GPWS callouts in the PMDG 737, specifically altitude callouts, for example "500".I am aware that airlines may install different options for the GPWS altitude aurals and warnings on their 737s. I have recorded some of my own sounds and was wondering if I could replace the defualt sounds.CheersRoss

This is possible in the 747 I have replaced all my sounds with ones recorded from a BA Level D simulator. Should be possible in the 737 unless it's hard coded into the guages. I am currently 6000 miles away from my flightsim pc so I cant check the exact location of the files.Rob

Rob Prest

HelloRoss, I'm glad you brought this up, the real world 737 GPWS voice esp. the altitude callouts is different than the PMDG one. There is a slight difference, I'd say that the real world one calls out "1000" in a more matter of factly manner and the dude sounds much more relaxed. Concerning the other callouts such as "terrain terrain", "pull up" they sound pretty much the same.I'd really like to get that very casual "1000" though.:DBTW, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe we have EGPWS on our PMDG 737.regards

Guest 7378NG

onurksn Yes the voice is very different. I was particuarly interested in modifying the altitude callouts. I have been studying the flight manual, it states it gives altitude callouts at 1000, 500, 100, 50, 30, 20, 10 feet. Couldn't tell you if PMDG have modeled enhanced GPWS. Sorry.Ross

Ross, we should be able to get all the callouts from 2500 (twenty-five hundred only when gear down, down to 10. The same as in the original but with the correct voice.(I think it's a Honeywell product). I've also heard female voices too in a couple of videos but the aircrafts were classics not NG's. As far as I know we have EGPWS because we do get terrain warnings and so forth.I know that in the library there are callouts, old and new for Airbus, but I'll check for Boeing and MD since they're the same.Let you know if I find anything.

Thank you very much Mats,While you're around can you give any advice on the callout issue by any chance:-) thanks in advance

When it comes to altering the GPWS sounds you're on your own. It seems there are sound files that appears to be connected to the GPWS but I wouldn't know if they are used or if the sounds are hard coded into the gauges. To me the aural sounds are good enough so I leave all that alone.Sorry guys,

Yeah, it does seem complicated! thanks anyway Mats