Sign in to follow this  
CPA156

Enroute Winds in MD-11 FMC?

Hey there PMDG team, Will we be able to enter enroute forecast winds into the MD-11 FMC to be able to have better arrival time and fuel estimates? I feel this is one of the things lacking in the 744 (although everything else is perfect, and its success is obvious). It's only that it can be quite a pain flying HKG-SFO or somewhere with huge enroute winds and having a real world CFP for fuel figures, zfw etc, only for your FMC to say that you are going to arrive with 0.0t of fuel, whereas, upon landing you have around 12-15t...Will this be possible in the MD-11?cheers

Patrick,I might interpreting your post wrong but you know that this is possible in the 744 as well?Hope it helps,

Patrick,Cannot answer on the MD-11 of course.Regarding the 744, Have a look in the FMC Manual 12, page 59.Winds can be inserted (for the cruise waypoints), not by ACARS, but manually only.Hope it helps,Regards,Harry

>Cannot answer on the MD-11 of course.The PMDG MD-11 will have that feature, just like the real one.And speaking of long range flying... it will have complete RTA functionality too...Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest sunbear

>>Cannot answer on the MD-11 of course.>>The PMDG MD-11 will have that feature, just like the real>one.>And speaking of long range flying... it will have complete RTA>functionality too...>>MarkusFor those of you who don't know what RTA stands for: "Runway-to-runway..... Required Time of Arrival..... evaluations for time-based ATM environment."Regards,jack

Guest sunbear

One other note: I mentioned ATM environment in my post......Sorry, that stands for: "Air Traffic Management (ATM) environment", not your automated teller machine.:)Regards again,jack

Cheers everyone...Either Harry or Mats, how do you manage to input the winds? Is there a specific format? Cause when i click any of the LSKs nothing happens..http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186066.jpgWhenever I try to click any of the right LSKs nothing happens, and when I enter something i get INVALID ENTRY..I checked the manual and it says that the function is not modelled, are we talking about different things? I want to be able to enter forecast winds from AS6.5 into the FMC, so I can get better arrival estimates and fuel predictions...thanks!

Patrick,Enter the wind speed and direction in the usual format (direction/speed) in the scratch pad and then click the appropriate LSK. That should do it. EDIT: I just tried it myself. You need to have the full profile determined by the FMC i.e. all preflight pages completed. And you can only enter winds for the waypoints in your cruise segment not for climb and for descent you enter winds on the FORECAST page (all as per the real thing).Hope it helps,

Mats,thanks very much, never realised you could do that.. That's fantastic!!

Patrick,Just another hint.Don't bother to enter the winds during preflight, cause it takes a lot of time there.Save this for the (early) cruise portion of the flight, there is plenty of time to do it there.Regards,Harry