Sign in to follow this  
cbrtan313

Mapping MCP buttons so they work with my joystick.

I have the PMDG 737NG and 747-400/F Queen of the Skies. In reading the the manual, it suggests to map specific MCP to your joystick buttons for control of the A/T Discontinue, Set Toga, etc. I have profiled my X-52 Saitek for these specific functions but they do not work when I do an Abort takeoff and discontinue the A/T. I have gone into MSFS options trying to map there and I'm stumped.Could really use some expert advice on how to this type of mapping, as you see I'm not acquainted with in doing.Need help Please!!!!!!Ron Tanoury

I utilize the registered FSUIPC and the PMDG menu for keyboard assignments, in tandem. First assign your desired keystrokes for each function within the PMDG menu, and then assign those very keystrokes to buttons and switches on your flight control hardware using FSUIPC- works flawlessly.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hi Carl,I think I've done it right from the PMDG menu, it's the FSUIPC I'm having trouble with. I opened the FSUIPC, but I am not familiar with tecniques for mapping thru this Utility for joystick hardware. I have the Saitek X52. I opened the profiler and designated the three MCP buttons that were noted in the first lesson for the 747-400/F TRC-1 and 2. It notes that the Sim will recognize the input from the joystick, but nothing happens. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to hardware or software mapping.I would really appreciate any advice on how to exactly map from FSUIPC utility. I have the reg. version.Thanks, Ron Tanoury

Ron:http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/CH_Controls_with_FSUIPC.pdfI would suggest DISABLING joysticks in FS- then assign individaul axis through FSUIPC DIRECTLY (choose direct axis). Once this is done, then it's simply a matter of going to the buttons/switches tab and mapping each to the appropriate keystroke.I'd suggest setting up each aircraft you fly individually- a little work but the results are worthwhile. I have even gone so far as to assign different slopes to different airframes so that each are slightly different- yes, my wife agrees with your suggestion for therapy :)!I fly CH so I'm not too familiar with the Saitek stuff- but disabling whatever software they provide would be the ticket in my opinion....... let me know how it works out.....Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper