Sign in to follow this  
Guest Olivier

747 - un-understandable crash when landing

Guest Olivier

Hi,I did a test flight around Nice Airport (LFMN) - when landing on runway 4R, the plane crashes when the "10" announcement is made, like if there was an invisible wall - the whell have not even touched the ground.I am using a FranceVFR scene, but I do not think this is a problem.Did someone have a similar problem ?This is not a bitumus problem, since the runways there are made of Asphalt.Thanks for your help,Olivier

Olivier,Try another runway on another airport and see if the same thing happens. If not you might suspect the airport and runway being the culprit. Deactivate any add-on scenery and try another landing on the runway in question. If everything's fine you know... If not you need to continue to logically trouble shoot the problem.Hope it helps,

Guest Olivier

Hi,Thanks for your response - it is fine in other airports.Now, I did it again but a bit higher and it worked fine - I was wondering: can you, in FS, crash into the ILS towers ?Thanks,Olivier

Shouldn't... if you are on glide slope, which should bring you over the runway threshold at about 50 ft agl (well above obstructions in the landing zone).

Dan Downs KCRP

Olivier,Way back when I had some strange crashes on the ramp at an third party airport. There was nothing there so something invisible upset the crash detection.Since then I have never used crash detection. If you can't fgure it out maybe this is an option for you?Hope it helps,

Guest Olivier

Hi,Thanks for your answers - I will do a bit of research and will cancel crash if I cannot figure out what it is.Happy flying,Olivier