Sign in to follow this  

What do you fly in the real world?

About 120 hrs in 150's,152II's, and 172M.Paul B.KSMS/KSSC

Guest Ferer five

I fly a Cessna 421 Golden Eagle, corporate and private. Charles

HiI have been training in a PA28-140 Cherokee with some time in the Warrior.I have about 22 hours now and have passed my pre-solo CFR and written tests.I am looking forward to the big day (Solo) tomorrow and have to say that Real World flying is something I should have done long ago.It does however put simming into it`s proper perspective as it pertains to Real World flying.I just wish the Piper`s had A.C as it`s been a hot summer.:)Ron

Nearing a thousand hours, most of which are in the Cessna line from the 120 through the 310. We currently own a 120, a 150, and a 206. The 120 has been with us since 1956 (I was three when my Dad bought it, and a few years ago - after some restoration work - some of you may have see her on the cover of the antique/classic sister magazine to Sport Aviation. I live near the Sun'n'Fun grounds in Lakeland, and if any of you make it to the festivities we'll look forward to seeing you (N76458). We used the 206 for aerial mapping some years ago, and if you've looked at the cost of those critters lately you'd hang on to the one you have too. The 150 came along somewhere in midst and we held on to it also. And with all of the above to occupy (or drain) my time and resources, I still can't seem to get enough simming!Honestly, though, the flight simulator has probably done more to enhance my procedural skills and overall confidence than anything else I can think of. It truly is a great tool.Leon

Guest lawyerpilot

Currently 117 TT, Instrument ride on Tuesday, been flying Warriors, Seminoles, Aztecs, 172's, and even a Malibu left seat with a CFI! Getting a jumpseat ride in a G4 in about a week, and have ridden right seat in a Conquest w/ Dash 10 conversion SIC (although not loggable)P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPPrivate PilotAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Currently trying to get my class II medical back again. Retired corporate pilot who recently had my cataracts removed and now see 20-20 again. If I can beat this minor case of "atrial fib" I'll be in like Flynn. Flew dozens of different aircraft since 1956. Mostly Beech King Airs, 90, 100, 200 and the Cessna 310, 336, 337, 414, and 421. Bell 206 JetRanger. Gave 2,200 hours instruction in the USAF T-41. Favorite airplane: Beech T-34 Mentor. Ratings: ATP, Single and Multi Engine Land and Sea. Commercial Helicopter. CFI Airplanes, Instruments, and Helicopters.Flight time: Two large log books, and seven small ones. Lost track of my time and quit logging after 15,000 hours. But sometimes flying MSFS2002 is the most fun of all. Ha.Yesterday I flew from El Paso, Texas, to Mexico City, Mexico in beautiful splendor and total comfort flying the "Flight1" Cessna 421. (Where else can I fly 30 days in a row in the same aircraft and sport a different paint job on every flight?). I have even learned NOW how to tune the com and nav radios. Ha. But I think the GPS is great. I had to rely on RNAV in my time. I began with the low frequency four-course radio-range, transitioned soon to the VOR, and eventually got to fly all my flights direct with RNAV. But the pilot of today sure has it made with this GPS. I missed out on Inertial Nav not being in Jets. But we've come a long way since ATC didn't have radar and I had to make position reports flying the airways IFR. Ha. What a life. Someday I plan to write all about it. Keep Em Flying. And: Thanks for asking your question.

Ron-Good luck on that solo tomorrow! Just remember- don't sweat the small things- and don't forget to take a deep breath- look around yourself and smile at the fact that you really are up their flying on your own!Robert S. RandazzoPrecision Manuals Development Group http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/coolcap.gifwww.precisionmanuals.com

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Cessna 172SP, out of Jeffco, CO (KBJC), a Class D airport under the KDEN Class B. Currently have about 120 hours, studying for my instrument (getting those 50 hours cross-country out of the way right now ). I enjoy flying into KCOS, a Class C airport about 60nm away to the south, just enough excitement with the big boys, and having to hook into Springs Approach is cool too. I love taking a pax along for the ride, that's way cool to fly with someone else with you.I find everyone, without exception, in the avaition world to be really great people; from FBOs to ATC controllers to fellow pilots to line boys.My intention is to (over time) get my instrument and commercial, then my CFI, and (in retirement by now ) go instruct students. If I can only find someone with that same passion as I had (have)!Bruce.

Piper WarriorPiper ArcherRegards,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest Richard_H

Wow, training in Sundowners, that

I'm a private pilot with 115 hours in Cessna 172R and Cessna 172SP models.

Guest Smiley

PPL with 120hrs. C150, C152, C172N, C172SP, C140, Warrior and Archer. One hour in Schweitzer 2-33 sailplane including 1 tow just after take off.Ridden in Piper Seminole, Mooney M20, 1929 Travel Air biplane, DH-2 Beaver, B727, B737, B757, B767, MD80, DC9, L1011 and jump seat in a Falcon 50.Kurt LivermoreBeaverton OregonFBO Eagle Flight Center HIO