Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scousefox9

747X Main Gear on Touchdown

Guest Scousefox9

I've noticed that on touchdown of the main gear, the wheels closest to the nose don't fully touch the runway until the nose wheel has touched the runway and remain angled about 10 - 30 degrees from the runway. Comparing this with videos of the real deal, the main gear always seems to fully touch the runway without remaining angled before the nose gear even starts to be noticably lowered.This can't be the way I'm landing her because it happens systematically. I should also point out that I have a ZFW of 231.3 tonnes and land with around 20.2 tonnes just incase it's a "weighty issue" :D. I just wondered whether this is a modelling restriction within the design or whether I need to encourage more "heavier" virtual passengers to fly :-lol. I did a quick search of the forum before posting so hopefully this isn't a Groundhog Day episode.

Guest Scousefox9

No replies, anybody miss this who would care to comment?

Guest Scousefox9

It's been a while, still nobody got any suggestions?

Guest Scousefox9

Bump!

To be honest mate it's not a serious issue unless the spoilers etc are not working properly and the 'simulated aircraft' is not going into ground mode. I know some people like to replay there touchdowns.. maybe someonres got a fix.Rob

Rob Prest