Sign in to follow this  
Guest tubthumper

Vista problems with PMDG 747

Guest tubthumper

Ladies and gents,I'd appreciate some help with this because it's getting very annoying. I have recently and reluctantly changed from using windows xp to windows vista. When running xp, I had no problems running FS9 with the PMDG 747 and enough addons you could through a cat at :) Since moving over though, I have found that my cockpit gauges and levers are moving and flickering on there own accord and some of the gauge windows are doing the same. Is this a global problem? Is someone else having the same problem? and can this be overcome.My specs are: Windows Vista Home Premuim, Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.40Ghz, 2048 RAM, Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS, FS9 and FSX. 1.6Ghz Hard Drive.If anyone could help me with this, I would be eternally grateful.Thanks in advanceMark Chapman

Guest diajohn2

Mark, The PMDG Website has a lot of hints. I would start with an uninstall and reinstall. Mine works fine with Vista.

Mark,Like me, I fear that you will have to try all sorts of things gleaned from this forum. In the end, I can assure you that it will be worth the effort. I am now getting a very smooth operations (apart from known bugs). I also advised another questioner recently to try a further two things:- close down all programs (including those on your task bar) that you really don't require during flight.- read Koroush Ghazi's excellent TweakGuides Tweaking Companion to Windows Vista, available from http://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.html, at the enormous (LOL!) cost of

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Guest tubthumper

Thanks chaps,I'll give it a go tonight. I appreciate your feed back :-)Mark.

Guest tubthumper

Folks,I've tried that and it still doesn't work. It only starts when I start the engines. Could it be the sound update that's causing this? Can anyone help? :-(Mark.

Guest tubthumper

Hmm,The only other thing I can think of then could either be the driver update for vista for my nvidia card or installing dx10.Mark.

Mark,Since Vista changed just about every driver in the business, I have been grateful to have a copy of versiontracker pro available at http://www.versiontracker.comHope this helps,Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx