Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mower

Airspeed creeps up in flight beyond FMC VNAV setting

Guest Mower

The FMC speed is set to .836 and VNAV, autothrottles and auto pilot are active. Why is the airspeed creeping up to .9 and beyond until I have intervene and cut the throttles back?Thanx.Chris Honke.

Chris,What's the auto throttle mode displayed on the FMA (flight mode annunciator on the PFD)?Sounds like you've armed the auto throttle but have no mode active.Hope it helps,

Guest Mower

I no longer have FSX open so I do not know what the FMA is showing.But how would I correct that situation in general with the a/t armed but no active mode?

Guest glenlee

Hi, press a speed mode.... normally pressing VNAV will re-activate the autothrottle.If you can pull back your thottles and slow the engines down then you're not in any kind of speed managed mode.Check your joystick calibration and also see if you have the control interupt setting in the options menu (sorry can't remember the actual title at the minute, but it's the one that monitors your controls to disconect the autos if you move anything) un-ticked, most FS controls are a bit spikey sometimes and it's safer to have them un monitored.Glen Lee

Guest Mower

With the jet set to VNAV and the a/t engaged, if I retard the throttles manually should the the engines RPM drop (ie override) or should the throttles be locked out?

Chris,With VNAV engaged it depends on what mode you have on the A/T. While in ARM or HOLD(I think) (and you have selected throttles to override AFDS) you should be able to select thrust via the levers. THis is useful in descent when your speed is dropping while in VNAV PATH.If you on the other hand opt not to check the Throttle Overrides AFDS in the PMDG options menu then your throttle will not override at any A/T mode.This is how I have it setup for both the NG and the 744. Now if I only had a servo throttle! ;-)Hope it helps,

The pinned message is gone, but for FS9 users wasn't there a problem with FSUIPC 3.75 up through some beta versions and A/T/throttle modes?Anyway version 3.80 is available (for FS9 users) at:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlUsers should rename the current fsuipc.dll to fsuipcxx.xxx in the modules folder and place the new fsuipc.dll there.