Sign in to follow this  
downscc

Cycle 0803 SIDSTARS Collection Available

AVSIM FS2004-Flight Plans library: Procedures based on FAA Digital Aeronautical Information and Terminal Procedure Publications. This collection includes 66 locations: KABQ KATL KAUS KBDL KBNA KBOS KBUF KBUR KBWI KCLE KCLT KCMH KCVG KDAL KDCA KDEN KDFW KDTW KEWR KFLL KGEG KHOU KIAD KIAH KIND KJAX KJFK KLAS KLAX KLGA KLGB KMCI KMCO KMDW KMEM KMIA KMSP KMSY KOAK KONT KORD KORF KPBI KPDX KPHL KPHX KPIT KPVD KRDU KRNO KSAN KSAT KSDF KSEA KSFO KSJC KSLC KSMF KSNA KSTL KTPA KTUS PANC PHNL PHOG TJSJ. Few changes are listed in detail in the enclosed "Cycle 0803 Revisions.htm" file. For PMDG 737NG/747-400/747-400X.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan can you please tell me what is a sequence of downloading a SIDS/TARS This is how I am doing it.1. Navigraph Current AIRAC2. Planepath TERMINAL PROCEDURES3. Ofcourse yours SIDSTARS CollectionThanks,Dilip

That should work.. the Navigraph is global, Terry's are all US-UK, and I just cover the major US locations so the correct installation order is just as you are downloading.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,Once again thanks for all the hard work.Best RegardsSteve Bell

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Dan,Many thanks for all your hard work.Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Thanks Dan.Makes our hobby a lot more enjoable.Nebojsa

I'm a newby at doing these updates, so, please bear with me...where exactly am I supposed to download these updates from?a URL would be most helpful...

No problem... the collections are in the AVSIM FS2004-Flight Plans library. When you get a chance, look at the SIDSTARS article in the PMDG Ops wiki section at: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARS which will give you this info and lots more.Easy way is to do an extended search in the library for author= dan downs, then sort the results by date. The current cycle will pop up at or near the top.Welcome to the forum

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,Many thanks for your continued efforts in producing these procedure files. I have been downloading them for a while now, and they are great. Any chance of moving away from the US and producing the same high quality procedure files for the UK and Europe at some point?Regards,Lee.

Thanks, Lee, and others, for the feedback.As much as I'd like to do other locations, the data isn't as easy as it is in the US. The charts are available almost two weeks ahead of the cycle and the data (via CDROM) comes about one week ahead. The cost is nominal to me, and free to you. I'm lucky that the beaurocrats in Washington have a much larger and diverse population of users than in Europe and elsewhere, such as GA, Business and Charter... keeps them from locking up and/or charging for every piece of information. Although, they keep trying to get rid of the small guy all the time (such as United's shameful propaganda on how GA is the reason KORD is too busy and they want force user fees on everyone). Gee, I guess this is one of my soapboxes.I've thought about doing one-time releases (such as RJAA that I did last year), but I keep finding other things that take time such as my KSEA scenery (I've been working on KSFO for two months now).Bottom line, if the data were available I'd do it... but alas, it's not that easy.

Dan Downs KCRP