Sign in to follow this  
CX 747-400

Repaint Request

I'm working on it. I have the tail logo done. Shouldn't be too hard to do this one.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Ok here's the hard part. I need to upload it so poeple can have it. How do I do that? I can unzip all day long but I have never zipped, uploaded or anything like that.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I just noticed something I forgot. I originally just threw the engine textures I used on my American Airlines 747 in the file to get started. The gray doesn't really match anything on the plane. The original 747-200 had aluminum cowls but the -400s are composite nad must be painted. Since you are the one that requested the repaint I want your opinion on whether I should paint them white, darker gray to match the under side of the fuselage or just leave them how they are. I have to go fly a three day trip in a little bit so I won't be able to do anything with it for a few days. Let me know what you think.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Ok I know I asked but I made the engines match the lower fuselage. I think it keep more in the spirit of the original plane. I will try to get this zipped up and uploaded as soon as I get back from my trip.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I know you said that you have already painted them to match the original Underside, and that is perfect. cant wait to see it.Again, Thank youJonathan

Sorry I didn't get it together today. They moved my days off and gave me another trip. I have a race this weekend so I had to spend today getting my car ready. I'll try to get it zipped and ready to go as soon as I can. Sorry for the wait.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

JonathanOk I give up. I have tried to zip this repaint up so I can upload it to Avsim but I can

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Ok my buddy showed me how to do it. If everything worked you should be able to download it from Avsim under the name panam747old.zip as soon as they approve it.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Guest sanal

Tom,Any luck for TWA 747???Sanal

I could probably do the old livery. The new one might be hard. Of course you should know I am an American Airlines pilot and I lost 898 seniority numbers in the TWA merger but I could probably get past that ;)

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I just hate the way life and work always finds a way to interfere with my flight Sim time. I just got the chance to download it.....Its great!!!!Thank youJonathan