Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

ACT vs. MOD LEGS

Per the 747-400X manual, the prompt for the INTC CRS for tracking a VOR is supposed to appear after entering the fix to LSK 1L on the ACT RTE LEGS or MOD RTE LEGS page so:1. I entered the fix ("ACK") to the scratchpad;2. Upselected it to LSK 1L. This created a ROUTE DISCONTINUITY after ACK;3. I removed the ROUTE DISCONTINUITY by hitting DEL and upselecting it ot the LSK with the discontinuity.4. EXECuted the Route.The INTC CRS prompt did not appear at any time (at LSK 6R). Instead there is the usual RTE DATA>. Per the manual, I think I am supposed to see the MOD RTE LEGS page, which is supposed to have the INTC CRS prompt, but I don't know how to bring-up that page. The LEGS key always brings-up the ACT RTE LEGS page.- Does anyoone how to obtain the INTC CRS prompt ?- How is the MOD RTE page displayed ? Thanks,Zach

zachlog

Let's see if I've got the right picture in my mind.As you explained the steps you took, you simply entered the fix ACK into your route. It was a MOD RTE screen before you hit the execute button. The EXECution changed the "modified" route into the active route.Likewise, the INTC CRS prompt should have appeared while it was a MOD RTE screen, before execution. Once the EXECution occurs, the prompt goes away and the legs become active.At least I think that's correct.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,>>As you explained the steps you took, you simply entered the fix >>ACK into your routeCorrect, upselected it to LSK 1L.>>It was a MOD RTE screen before you hit the execute buttonNo ! Before entering ACK, the route was already active and EXECuted. The aircraft was still on the runway. This waypoint was added on the ACT RTE screen. I think this is part of the problem.>>The EXECution changed the "modified" route into the active routeCorrect; after adding ACK and removing the discontinuity, I EXECuted the modified route and it became the new active/in use route...all was done on the ACT RTE page.>>Likewise, the INTC CRS prompt should have appeared while it was a >>MOD RTE screen, before execution.Never saw a page labeled "MOD RTE". The addition of ACK was done on the ACT RTE page. Again, I think this part of the problem but I don't know how to fix it.>>Once the EXECution occurs, the prompt goes away and the legs >>become active.I never saw the INTC CRS prompt. LSK 6R always has RTE DATA>. Thanks,Zach

zachlog